Same Car Model -Different Specifications

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4370 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I am new to this forum and English is not my mother tongue, please be considerate when assessing my language. I tried my best researching a similar situations but mine seems to be quiet unique!:oops:

Me and my friend ordered a same new car, same model make etc- a Hyundai i30 crdi 1.6 comfort estate, to be precise, with a local dealer. The price, dealer colour everything same. The cars were delivered with a week's gap between the deliveries. Now I can see that my friends car has additional features such as electric folding side mirrors, mirror mounted direction indicators...a few more. When contacted the dealers says, mine is made to specifications and my friend is lucky to be supplied with a higher specification. They also says there's a provision within the terms and conditions that 'for continued product improvement they can change the specification at any time without giving notice'. Now, I was never expecting this, nor was me provided with an exact specifications of the vehicle other than the model number. I am deeply disappointed as my friend lives nearby and has to see his car every now and then which reminds me of this!:-x:mad2:

Friends, how can I make the best out of this situation?:???:

It will depend on what features the car had listed in the manufacturers spec at the time you placed your order. If the brochure showed the car has having the features which are missing then you would have a complaint. The fact of life is that improvements and 'variations' in cars are always happening during their manufacturing lives. And as such every manufacturer will have such disclaimers pointing this out somewhere. I'm not sure that your freind has a 'higher spec' than yours but maybe there are some model modifications which have been made between the completion of your car and his. It happens unfortunately.

All I can advise is that you check the model brochure to see if the 'modifications' were listed in there. Also check the brochure issue date (on the back somewhere) to see if it was applicable at the time you placed your order. If is shows that electric folding mirrors with repeat indicators were a feature, then your car should have them. Otherwise your friend has got lucky.

Thank you Sam for that reply.

I don't have anything which shows the exact specifications nor was provided with a brochure or anything. Everything was through telephone. Honestly, I didn't care as I thought its going to be a new car so I can afford to :oops:!

In fact they first detailed the vehicle as a 2012 upgrade with parking sensors, cruise control etc as standard fittings with 78 mpg fuel economy. Then at the last moment they contacted (on phone again) me and said, all the new estate models are earmarked for Olympics and twon't be in market until Dec 2012. I should have guessed then:-x, They said they have only two cars left and if I we want it could be ours. Now the Hyundai website has the specifications of the new upgrade models and I can't find the specifications anywhere else

I was just wondering, aren't they supposed to give me the full specifications in writing before the deal? Or was it me being so stupid... :mad2:

Yes I think you should of checked excatly what you were getting at the time you placed the order, by way of specifications or brochure description.

I would imagine the dealer would have a copy of the brochure with spscs of the model you purchased. so you could check.