Vodafone - PAC Codes - Miss-information - Loyal Customers - Stefan Langkamp **AWAITING OP UPDATE **

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4385 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dear Consumer Action Group

I am at my wits end of a very painful process. Ive no where else to turn, Ive been speaking to Vodafone on numerous occasions over the last week and even emailed Stefan Langkamp, as a last resource, but still had no response.

Here is a potted history.

I have two handsets on pay monthly with Vodafone. One of these with Vodafone for at least 5 years or more, the second, two years. It came to the time where contracts were coming up for expiry, so i took a look around at vodafones offers and found them, not to be very competitive. So after a couple of false starts of Vodafone trying to stop me from leaving with offers, that were the same as the website. I asked to leave and served thirty days notice.

So one handset was to be ceased on the 30th May and the second on the 14th June. I received PAC codes for both and was told to use them within 30 days or they would expire. They also noted, that if i ported the numbers before the end of the contracted terms above, then i would incur a penalty, even though id paid upfront for the airtime.

During the next thirty days, i received numerous calls from Vodafone, again asking me to stay, but offering me nothing that reflected my loyalty to the company. In fact, the specific handset i was looking to upgrade was an Iphone. What really surprised me, was a comment from Vodafone, which was was on at least three occasions. This was:

"I'm sorry, there is nothing extra, i can add to the offer as Apple fix the terms we can offer. Seem to me, like anti competitive behavior. But that a different story.

So, the first handset ceased last week and was told once the PAC code had expired, i just needed to ring back for a new one. In the meantime, the second handset was ceased ahead of the contract date. So, i now had two handsets, switched off, one with a PAC code that was expiring and one that had just expired. So i called Vodafone and they said there had been no changes, then mysteriously the handset came back on. So, while i was on the the phone, i asked for new PAC codes and was told, that it wouldn't be possible until the PAC codes had expired. Which is contrary to a latter view.

So, apologies, bit of a long potted history, but the point as i explained to Vodafone UK call centre was, that they don't explain the process properly, they assume you know.

Yesterday, i asked for a new PAC code for the second handset, which was duly given, with no problems. But when i asked for the PAC code for the first handset, i was told it wasn't possible without going back onto one months airtime, which in turn would generate a new PAC code. So, i took this up on email to complaints and was told, i could no longer have the number at all.

Three emails later, the same thing, with the addition of. As you are a valued customer can i suggest you ring our upgrade team, as we have some special offers.

Finally last night, i spoke to the call centre and was kept on the line for over 30 minutes, trying to explain, why i thought information id been given was incorrect and misleading. Eventually, the agent agreed to give me 30 days airtime free as a gesture of goodwill, then kept me hanging on for another ten minutes. Before hanging up.

Can you imagine the time and frustration of all the calls, emails, tweets, miss-information. Its ridiculous. I came to CAG, as Ive seen some issues be resolved, so this is my last shot. Stefan, wont respond, Ive also written to the chairman and yes i have his email address.

All, because Vodafone are not competitive and do not show loyalty to long terms customers.

So Vodafone, if you are reading this, its simple.

Just give me the PAC code for the first handset and we can draw a line underneath the whole disappointing experience.

kind regards

AWD

Hi and welcome to CAG

Just a little reading around CAG will show you just how much VF regard their existing customers however, we have Lee. He works for VF BUT he has had some good results here so please follow THIS link and follow the instructions FULLY making sure you post up the automated reply number you will get (eventually) so that Lee can reconcile your complaint with this thread.

From what you have said, it looks like you have followed their 'rules' but they have seriously let you down (not an uncommon thing I'm afraid)

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi AWD,

It's disappointing to read about your dissatisfaction here but thanks for making me aware of it.

To enable us to get your concerns looked into could you follow the guidance provided by silverfox and email us with your details?

Please be assured that as soon as we receive your email we'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK