Contract Manager not giving SSP1 form

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4360 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I need some help, i am a casual worker and work for security company . Last year in December i had an accident and i was off sick more than 28 days.

My contract manager (now former) called me and asked me that i need to provide medical documents, if i fail to provide then they would not pay me sick pay.

I then provided him all medical documents like doctor's note etc but after that i did not hear any thing.

I kept asking him when he is going to pay but every time he made excuse and said that he will pay me in next pay date (monthly).

Now my contract has been taken over by new manager when i asked her about my sick pay then she said that i am not eligible for the sick pay.

I rang Employment and Support agency and i been told that they need SSP1 form filled in by my employer and also need to attach original medical documents.

They also said i am running out of time because its been log time when i had an accident.

I rang my company and asked them to send my medical documents back but they said they cant find them , i also rang my contract manager for SSP1 form and i was surprised when she said what is SSP1 form.

I explained to her that SSP1 form which employer has to fill in and send it back to the employee, she replied rudely that she is not in the office so cant check then put the phone down on me.

I dont know what to do i rang my surgery and they said they will provide back dated sick notes but i dont know what to do as my contract manager not providing me SSP1 form.

Any help will be much appreciated

Regards

Hi

E mail this to your manager (copy in HR/personnel/and anyone else you can think of)

State that despite repeated requests, they have not provided you with an SSP 1 which they have a statutory obligation to do. Tell them you require a response within 7 calendar days.

SSP1 - Statutory Sick Pay (SSP) and Incapacity Benefit

On this page:

Forms

Help and guidance

Related forms

Forms

*SSP1*(PDF, 91KB)

Form for employers based in England, Scotland and Wales to complete when an employee is not entitled to SSP. This version of the form can be completed online and then printed.

*SSP1*-*Northern Ireland*(PDF, 96KB)

Form for employers based in Northern Ireland to complete when an employee is not entitled to SSP.

Help and guidance relating to this form

Statutory Sick Pay: an overview

An overview of SSP - who qualifies to receive it, and how you calculate, pay and recover the payments you make

Related forms

SSP2 - Statutory Sick Pay Record Sheet

If you're an employer, you can use form SSP2 to record details of an employee's sickness absences. You don't have to use this form, but it will help you keep accurate records which will ensure that you pay the correct amount of SSP.

Help with PDF files

PDF is a file format that lets you view and print a document in a style which matches the look and feel of the paper version - including fonts, colours, images and layout.

To view these documents you need to use a PDF file viewer such as Adobe Acrobat Reader which is available to download free of charge from the Adobe website.

Forms in alternative formats

If you would like an HMRC form in large print, Braille or another alternative format, please contact the relevant HMRC helpline - see the link below.

Contact HMRC

Gbarbm

Sorry had to copy and paste so links don't work... Google HMRC then type SSP 1 in search box

Hi Gbarbm

I already done that i sent an email with attached link and attached SSP1 to my contract manager and requested read receipt which she acknowledged.

My main concern is that i am running out of time and its been long time since i had an accident and AES can only pay me SSP backdated for three months.

My company never takes my requests and complains seriously i have sent them written complains as well so i am hopeless that they will solve this problem.

Hi

The thing is you've done all you possibly can. Make sure you keep copies of the emails etc to show DWP

Tell DWP that there should be no detriment to you as a result of your employers failure to undertake their statutory obligations.

Chances are that DWP will contact the employer and hopefully give em what for!

Gbarbm