Dell refuses to send refund

pmatos
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4371 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I have been on a long adventure with Dell due to a PC I ordered online back in September. The very beginning is now irrelevant so I will just briefly describe how it all started and detail the end of the story. I bought an all-in-one Vostro 360 (business grade, but for personal use) from Dell online. I quickly received it and it was making a strange buzz. I complained and Dell replaced it with a new one. The buzz was still there. An engineer was sent, 3 times. The problem was not solved so they picked it up for testing. Testing showed that, the buzz is expected and might happen due to static electricity (blah blah electronics explanation blah blah). They sent the PC back to me without any changes. The testing which should have lasted 1 week, lasted a month and we are now in April, 2012.

The PC arrived at my place by UPS and when I opened the box the PC was badly damaged. I complain and a Dell manager says:

----

Date: April 6, 2012

Hi Paulo

We will request the pictures from UPS delivery team to see that damage to the boxes at the warehouse ,

Will be in touch soon

Thanks

Technical Account Manager (TAM) | UKI Pub / SMB

----

and then:

----

Date: April 12, 2012

Hi Paulo

Please don't remove any more packaging and don't throw out any of the packaging.

UPS will inspect the package and start the investigation

Many Thanks

----

UPS picks up the broken PC pieces and days later returns it to me.

Later I get the email:

----

Date: April 26, 2012

Hi Paulo

We have had the report back from UPS , It has been decided that Dell will offer you a full refund for your goods ,

The process for a refund is as follows

· Collection of the goods arranged on X date

· Once collection confirmed , Transfer of Balance initiated to the account that was used to pay for the goods

· Refund process takes 5-7 days once the goods have been collected.

Please advise that date and address you wish the goods to be collected ,

We require 2 working days to arrange collection.

Many thanks

----

The PC is then collected on the 4th of May.

Since then I have been checking my account and no money is there yet. I have been emailing the Manager daily for 2 weeks now. I tried contacting Dell support but after looking at the notes related to the service request raised they say that this situation can only be handled by 'said' Manager and that I will get a call back from him within 24 hours. I never received a reply to his emails or a call back. Once I managed to get his direct phone number and talk to him. He said there was a problem with the refund and sent me an email straight away:

----

Date: May 18, 2012

Hi

The money was returned to the Dell account yesterday ,

We have rebooked it and it should be in your account on Tuesday by the latest

Thanks

----

Until now, nothing. I can't even get him on the phone. I keep leaving answer phone messages to which I get no reply. Dell support keeps telling me that only the Manager can sort things out and that he will call me back but I never get any phone call back and he never answers to my emails. What can I do? This has been very inconvenient since I bought this computer to do some work from home but for almost three months (since the computer went for testing) that I have no computer and now not even a refund. I feel like I have no options in order to force Dell to refund me the money.

What do you advise/suggest I to do?

Cheers,

Paulo Matos

Edited by pmatos

Hi pm

Welcome to CAG

Can you use the edit function to create paragraphs, so it's easier to read.

The guys will be happy to advise as soon as they are available.

Please let us know how your problem has been resolved, it could help fellow Caggers.

Thread has been moved to the correct forum.

Hi pm

Welcome to CAG

Can you use the edit function to create paragraphs, so it's easier to read.

The guys will be happy to advise as soon as they are available.

Please let us know how your problem has been resolved, it could help fellow Caggers.

Thread has been moved to the correct forum.

For some reason I did originally create it with paragraphs on Firefox under Linux but it didn't work. Opera seems to be ok. Paragraphs now created.

Hi pm

How did you pay for the goods?

I paid for the goods with my personal debit card. The computer was business grade just by chance, its buy was not at all related to business.

Don't worry about Dell, you've tried to sort the matter out with them, contact your the card issuer, so the bank that issued the card. Tell them the whole saga. If they have any issues they will contact Dell.

Let us know what they say.

Yes, its Visa Debit.

Who should I contact? My bank? Will they do a chargeback without Dells consent?

Don't worry about Dell, you've tried to sort the matter out with them, contact your the card issuer, so the bank that issued the card. Tell them the whole saga. If they have any issues they will contact Dell.

Let us know what they say.

Contacted my bank. Chargebacks on debit cards can only be done within 120 days of transaction. We are way outside this range since the transaction was done back in October. They said I should make a complain to Trading Standards. I guess that's what I am going to do unless anyone has a better suggestion.

Cheers.

Hi pm

Write a Formal Letter of Complaint mark it as such. Explain whats happened, how they have let you down and what you want them to do. Tell them if a Refund is not made within the next 7 days, you lodge a claim against them through the courts.

Send it to:-

Josh Claman, General Manager

[email protected]

Some tips:- http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1242161/How--write-letter-complaint.html

Hi pm

Write a Formal Letter of Complaint mark it as such. Explain whats happened, how they have let you down and what you want them to do. Tell them if a Refund is not made within the next 7 days, you lodge a claim against them through the courts.

Send it to:-

Josh Claman, General Manager

Thanks for the tip. I wrote the letter and sent to the above address but unfortunately I get back:

"Thank you for choosing Dell. This mailbox is no longer in use. Please remove from your distribution/mailing list(s). Thank you."

Any other contact suggestions?