Occ Health contact while off sick

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4363 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been off sick since January

I saw Occupational health nurse & personnel manager at my home in March.

I got another letter in early may stating they wanted another occ health appt, i called head office and requested a home visit with the occ health nurse only (we are allowed to request this!), she did not turn up.

I then received a letter to state i had a booking for a telephone appt with occ health, they did not ring me.

I then receive a letter from work stating I have missed 2 appointments, the matter is serious and I am putting them in a very difficult position.

I sent work the copy letter confirming my telephone appointment and also explained that I had not missed 2 appointments.

That was last friday (18th) and I have heard nothing but i believe the personnel manager has been on holiday this week!

Aaaaargh, what do I do!!

Phone and make sure that they got the letter, if not explain what has happened verbally and send a copy of the letter again. dont just wait for them to contact you by post, show that you are concerned that this is sorted out stright away.

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.

My letter was hand delivered and had a copy of their letter stating i had a telephone appointment!

So i gave them that straight away and also rang head office so i have made the effort!

I know that i am just waiting for personel to come back off her holiday, good company practice eh!!

Hi paulamcb

Something else I would consider is writing to the company (Recorded Delivery Always Keep a Paper Trail - Not By Hand unless they give you a reciept for the letter)

and requesting a copy of:

1. The Companies Sickness Policy and Procedure (You want both not whats in an employee/staff handbook as this may be a shortened version).

2. The Companies Disciplinary & Grievance Policy and Procedure. (if this continues with them saying you failed to attend appointments then you may have to put a Grievance in)

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Hi

Also from now if they contact you by telephone immediatley following the conversation by putting it in writing to the company with what was discussed and agreed to during the call. (Paper Trail).

One thing to look out for in the sickness policy/procedure is if there are clauses that may lead to disciplinary for not following that policy/procedure.

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Hi

I would advise going through the place you work for but under your signature put:

cc: (name of Person) HR Department, Head Office

I would send the letter to the person responsible for dealing with you at present while off sick but would also sent a copy of the letter to the HR Dept at Head Office (named person) this way you are covering your bases so to speak.

• 2 weeks later...

Now had phonecall from occ health saying i have missed another appointment (news to me) and that she did ring on the arranged day and i did not answer and has basically called me a liar!!!

Help :(

Did they send you a letter to arrange a telephone appointment? and whay couldnt they talk to you when they rang to tell you you hadnt answered your phone? Ask them for a time you can ring them as they seem to be missing you,

Yes i had a letter which had in big bold print the date time and my mobile number on it oconfirming telephone appt.

She just didnt want to listen to anything I said and like i say just called me a liar in regards this telephone appt that i did not answer!! They arent missing me, thy just did not ring when they said they would!

rang head office today and they will not send a full sickness/grievance procedure, only the staff handbook!

Hi

Something to remember here is that Occup Health are working for the employer.

Is there any reason that they could not have left a Voice Message?

Why have they not considered that your medical condition at the time may have prevented you answering the call in time.

Also now write to them dont phone and refer to the telephone call discussion on XX/XX/XX and time approx if you remember and quote word for word that discussion.

Due to this discussion I request further clarification from (Hr Dept, Compnay Name)as to the Companies reasons for refusing to forward a of the Companies actual Sickness/Grievance Policy/Procedures and refering to the staff handbook.

I also require the Dates these policies/procedures were approved and when their next review date is.

I have written to my store and head office and sent recorded so will await their response!

No reason they could not have left voicemail as it was on and has been since that day and they have not called!

I will write again and refer to earlier call and ask again for copy policies!

Someone thinks they are going to try constructive dismissal with me!

It will show on your telephone records if you had received a call from them at that date/time, send a copy of your statement with your letter that should show who is telling the truth

Hi

You may not have proof of the call but that doesnt stop you asking them for proof of the call and the number they tried contacting as you on.