Maternity Leave - What am I to do?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4401 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Right I first gave intent to take maternity leave by filling out works form. This was back in March. The only contact I heard was via my manager saying that I needed to give them my Mat B form and then they would contact me.

As I understand it they were to contact me within 28 days of reciept of this form saying if I can take the leave and the confirmed dates? ... I sent in my form at 24 weeks and they said they did not recieve this. I then sent another recorded delivery at 29 weeks and have only just heard they recieved it last week. I am now waiting for the official what happens next ... They have said so and so will contact me ... and I never hear anything. Now tomorrow is my last day! And still so and so will contact me. I have had nothing in writing. I am scheduled on a working shift Friday. This is the first day I have given as my maternity date. What am I do to? Go with the fact I told then just stay off or as I have not recieved a confirmation that I can take the leave do I have to go in? If I don't where do I stand in regards to disaplinaries etc when they say I never turned up for my shift? ... If I had had a baby before I would know what was happening! However as I haven't I don't know where I stand or what I am meant to do next. Especially as they were meant to get back to me within 28 days ...

Thanks in advance!

Can you ring HR tomorrow and tell them that you are concerned that you have not heard anything regarding confirmation of your maternity leave start date which is due to commence on Friday and see what they come back with

Gbarbm