Sausage roll theft

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4402 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I'm afraid my work place will suspend me, due to false allegations. The scenario, I work part time in a shop which helps me support my university studies. They believe I have stolen a 20p sausage roll, of which of course is completely absurd. I have a till receipt, and they 3 separate cameras watching me putting the money into the till. Although they claim I did not put 20p in the till! I am wondering, if they do try to suspend me what can I do to be prepared for this and what are my legal rights? Also my friend even watched me put the money in the till. Do I have a right to the video footage, should I prepare a witness statement from my friend?How much time do they have to give me legally before a hearing?

I've been working there for 7 months, they do an end of day, but typically the till is down 50p or 80p per day as we serve 100+ customers and human error does occur.

being employed for only seven months is bad news, as you do not have 12 months continious service, 2 years now, the employer can let you go and give no viable reason

they can just say its not working out or similar

there is no unfair dismissal until you hit 1 year(or 2 years) service. They can dismiss you for whatever reason they like.

The only thing that starts even before you are employed is discrimination, you can claim that straight away if you are a victim of it.

I am not a legal professional or adviser, I am however a Law Student and very well versed areas of Employment Law. Anything I write here is purely from my own experiences! If I help, then click the star to add to my reputation :)