Vodafone Problem please help!! ***awaiting update from OP***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4253 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Typical corporate answers that I expected!!

If Lee was allowed to speak freely I would think the answers would be slightly different but at the end of the day, Lee doesn't want to lose his job.

It may well be corporate speak but just by looking at the amount of threads that Lee has had some (if not all) dealings with speaks volumes (pro for Lee and less so for VF.

What I would like to see is VF recording ALL phone calls and storing them for as long as necessary and to instruct the customer service staff to note everything down on the customer records.

While I have no proof, my gut says that some VF staff answer the phone, speak platitudes and do nothing.

While this forum will take any company to task and say things that may be uncomfortable for them, the last thing we want them to do is remove themselves from a forum where they have shown how seriously they take complaints (Lee not so much VF as a whole)

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

If Lee was allowed to speak freely I would think the answers would be slightly different but at the end of the day, Lee doesn't want to lose his job.

It may well be corporate speak but just by looking at the amount of threads that Lee has had some (if not all) dealings with speaks volumes (pro for Lee and less so for VF.

What I would like to see is VF recording ALL phone calls and storing them for as long as necessary and to instruct the customer service staff to note everything down on the customer records.

While I have no proof, my gut says that some VF staff answer the phone, speak platitudes and do nothing.

While this forum will take any company to task and say things that may be uncomfortable for them, the last thing we want them to do is remove themselves from a forum where they have shown how seriously they take complaints (Lee not so much VF as a whole)

I completely agree.

Whilst I can understand how things appear I can assure you that recording a default isn't a course of action taken lightly by us. However, it does become necessary when our records indicate that a customer hasn't been in contact with us to discuss the arrears on their account for a significant amount of time.

There have of course been a few instances where situations haven't been handled as we would've liked; however, these can be rectified where we have records to show that the customer made proactive attempts to resolve matters with us.

Are you sure about that?

I suspect that you really need to have made sure that the customer knows all about this first, probably even if they have moved house

I think that you should also be ensuring that any amount is legally enforceable and not present because of unfair contractual provisions

I am sure that I must have mid-understood your tone of typing, because that really does look to me as though you use the registering of defaults as a method of debt collection or tracing customers ...

• 3 months later...

At last an update, only taken over seven months for VF to actually agree to the outstanding amount that they first sent me back in January. So all this time they have provided me with a default on my credit file and I'm now being told that if I pay the outstanding amount the account can be closed and then the default removed. This default, which, was wrongly entered onto my credit file can only be removed once I've paid the outstanding amount , this I've been told by Lee today is an act of goodwill by Vodafone!!!!!! WTF.

If VF had got their act together in January/February when I explained by phone,email etc that I had received a letter stating an outstanding amount and termination fee totalling £124.79 and that I wanted an invoice to pay this and close the account. Then VF wouldn't of wasted so many man hours on my account and more importantly end up having such an adverse effect on my credit file. Then try to palm me off by saying their decision was an act of goodwill. As far as I'm concerned their actions beggar belief.

I await your replies on how a company as big as VF want me to act with goodwill when they have shown yet again that they treat their customers with such contempt!!