Mbna>>>>>>> keep the faith !

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4393 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I applied for a ppi refund from MBNA and was declined [ oct]

I sauntered off to FOS and got myself in the queue awaiting an adjudicator ,

after following this forum i decided to send MBNA a SAR Letter just to see where i stood [ about 2 weeks ago] and

Hark today I got a letter from FOS advising me that MBNA will be making me a full settlement offer in line with FOS guidelines ,

yet to receive anything from MBNA but its good to know somethings happened,

KEEP THE FAITH EVERYONE

read all the forums and other peoples stories and we will get there in the end,

Just Egg and a copuple of store cards to crack now,

Thank you CAG

I also put in a PPI claim to MBNA Credit Card, had a letter back almost immediately saying they are looking into my case, approx 2-3 later I received another letter stating my claim was being upheld and I should receive a cheque for £xxx amount within 28 days.

Their cheque arrived a week later which I thought odd as my CC account with them is being handled via their solicitors due to arrears etc, I was of the beleif that any repayment would be credited direct to the account?!

I also put in a PPI claim to MBNA Credit Card, had a letter back almost immediately saying they are looking into my case, approx 2-3 later I received another letter stating my claim was being upheld and I should receive a cheque for £xxx amount within 28 days.

Their cheque arrived a week later which I thought odd as my CC account with them is being handled via their solicitors due to arrears etc, I was of the beleif that any repayment would be credited direct to the account?!

That's encouraging as I havent had a reply from mbna yet just the ombudsman! The FOS letter is dated ten days ago does anyone think I should ring mbna to enquire about my offer letter ?.

Phoned MBNA this morning and after 52 mins of being pushed pillar to post I was informed that allthough FOS had been told that MBNA wa smaking an offer as yet no figures had been worked out and so it could be months before they actually make me an offer........... Typical huh , In the emanwhile after checking old correspondence from september 11 when they originally declined my offer i note they would be cancelling the PPI with immediate effect but i note on my current statement its still being appled ,Should i take this up with fos or will it all come out in the wash when i get my offer letter, Interestingly they ahve also not responded to my Sar request yet .... as my card goes all te wya back to 1998 and was maxed out for a considerable amount of time it will be interesting to see what figures they come up with

UPDATE .....can i take my own advice and keep the faith, NO OFFER LETTER YET, RANG MBNA who said they havent mde an offer, back to FOS who now say they have only just written to mbna to say i agree to receive an offer letter, Seems to me that lots of time being wasted , mbna are particular inept at handling querys .........and so the saga continues !!!! Hopefully i will be updating with some good news soon