Daughters Dilema!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4373 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My daughter called me asking for advice and thought best place to go is here: My daughter works for local authority and they have just gone through job qualification again as they had to reduce numbers. She is good at her job so was kept on. Now they have been told that all the employees have to take 4 days un-paid leave per year and this is to be over the xmas period.

The LA want to close the centre and dont want to pay employees. They have been told that if they dont accept this they will get a warning letter, then another warning letter if refusal the second time and then instant dismissal if they refuse a 3rd time.

I know LA appear to have their own law but is this really lawful?

Thanks in advance...

for a start is this unpaid leave part of the 28 day statutory leave entitlement or on top

have they done a consultation period

being a local authority, what does the union have to say on this

for a start is this unpaid leave part of the 28 day statutory leave entitlement or on top

have they done a consultation period

being a local authority, what does the union have to say on this

She gets the 28 day entitlement still but they want 4 days unpaid off her on top of that!

No consultation period just a letter

I have advised her to consult ACAS and her Union rep

When I worked for an LA you had to take either annual leave if you had any left or unpaid if you didnt over the Christmas period. my husbands current employer insists that employuees take annual leave over the Chjristmas period, which a lot of companies do, so its not an unusual situation.

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.