Credit File Repair

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4368 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have some questions with regards to removal of items on credit files etc. I have tried to research on various websites, but there is too much information and i am easily confused.

Right, i have signed up to credit expert so have all the access to my credit report. No surprises, but my credit rating is 'Very Poor'.

Because i have alot of unpaid debt and 4 CCJ's, i haven't been able to obtain, nor wanted to obtain any further or additional credit.

However, i am now being by chased by various DCA's and want to begin to repair my credit file for the future.

Things i need to know are:

- I understand about the statute barred law - however, how do i know when i last made a payment on the account without contacting the company. I am also not sure as to what bank account was used at the time so would struggle to find this information. is there a way i can check on my actual report?

- I have some items showing on the report that are over 6 years old and still unpaid. These are still showing. Are they right to show, or should they have come off the report?

- With regards to CCJ's - these are also unpaid. However, i have read somewhere that a CCJ will drop off the credit file 6 years from when it was issued - is this correct?

- When i look at the 6 year rule - do i look at the 'Start Date' of the debt, or the 'Default date' of the debt on my report?

- I also have some old things showing as 'satisfied' or 'settled' - is there a way for them to effectively 'drop-off'?

Any help anyone could give on any of these points would be greatly appreciated as i am being chased still for multiple debts.

My house was also repossessed, but the mortgage is showing as satisfied on the account and there is no CCJ with regards to that - so i am slightly confused.

I don't know if the best option would be for me to declare myself bankrupt or wait until things have dropped off my credit report. Any info on this would be good too.

Many Thanks

]Hi,

I have some questions with regards to removal of items on credit files etc. I have tried to research on various websites, but there is too much information and i am easily confused.

Right, i have signed up to credit expert so have all the access to my credit report. No surprises, but my credit rating is 'Very Poor'.

Because i have alot of unpaid debt and 4 CCJ's, i haven't been able to obtain, nor wanted to obtain any further or additional credit.

However, i am now being by chased by various DCA's and want to begin to repair my credit file for the future.

Things i need to know are:

- I understand about the statute barred law - however, how do i know when i last made a payment on the account without contacting the company. I am also not sure as to what bank account was used at the time so would struggle to find this information. is there a way i can check on my actual report?

You could always send a SAR to the DCA's to find out when last payment was made. Mind you, that will cost you £10 of course. As far as I am aware the credit report doesnt show this information

- I have some items showing on the report that are over 6 years old and still unpaid. These are still showing. Are they right to show, or should they have come off the report?

They should have come off automatically. Paid or unpaid. Remember, they drop off 6 years from the default date.

I would contact experian and inform them off this. They should then remove them.

- With regards to CCJ's - these are also unpaid. However, i have read somewhere that a CCJ will drop off the credit file 6 years from when it was issued - is this correct?

Yes, mine did!

- When i look at the 6 year rule - do i look at the 'Start Date' of the debt, or the 'Default date' of the debt on my report?

Default date.

- I also have some old things showing as 'satisfied' or 'settled' - is there a way for them to effectively 'drop-off'?

Not before the 6 years is up no.

Any help anyone could give on any of these points would be greatly appreciated as i am being chased still for multiple debts.

My house was also repossessed, but the mortgage is showing as satisfied on the account and there is no CCJ with regards to that - so i am slightly confused.

I don't know if the best option would be for me to declare myself bankrupt or wait until things have dropped off my credit report. Any info on this would be good too.

Many Thanks

Some care here: The Default Date and the SB start date are not the same!!!

A default is often placed up to six months after the cause of action ie. the

date when a payment was due and not made and no further payment or acknowledgment

in writting has been in 6 clear years.

Need to list these debt and their default dates to be able to see clearly when the six

years is up.

For statute barred status look for the entry LAST DELINQUENT PAYMENT this is the

date of the cause of action that starts the 6 year clock for SB running.

Satisfied or settled defaults entries will be removed after 6 years and others

will be removed paid or not.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

No problem I'' ll take a look for you.

Leave in the following information

Account start date.

Account Default date

Date last delinquent payment if shown.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Right.... here goes....

With regards to the delinquent payment i'm not sure what this is and i can't see this anywhere on my credit file. However, on my file against each of the debts shows a 'status code' - these are all a number 8 and there are dates next to them which i have put below against each debt - these dates i have marked as 'status code date'. Hope that makes sense!

HFC Bank Default goes 03/2015 so SB date upto 6 months prior to 31/03/09

Start date: 18/10/06to

Default date: 31/03/09

Status code date: 08/04/12

Santander

Start date: 05/09/06

Default date: 20/07/09 Remove on 07/15

Status code date: 22/04/12 SB as above

Santander

Start date: 24/10/05

Default date: 05/02/07 remove 02/13

Status code date: 22/04/12

Next

Start date: 12/04/04

Default date: 10/08/07 remove 08/13

Status code date: 02/09/07

Capquest

Start date: 17/08/05

Default date: 08/04/08 remove o8/14

Status code date: 22/04/12

Atlantik (Not sure what this is!!)

Start date: Unknown

Default date: 23/07/07 remove 07/13

Status code date: 10/04/2012

Also, i have four CCJ's.

The dates on these show:

- 20/09/09 09/15

-16/10/07 10/13

-29/11/08 11/14

-19/11/08 11/14

What happens with these if they are not paid?

Thanks so much for your help so far.

As said the date for SB is usually within 6 months prior to the default date.

One way to see how long you have gone without paying is to download or view the PDF version of your credit report. Underneath the default creditor, you will see in small letters something like :

Account status                        49-60 months
25+ months                            888888888888 

This will give you a rough guideline to work from.

As for atlantik, if you are unsure what it relates to, and credit expert has no link to it, then phone credit expert up and one of their very good advisors can help you out.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

It's not only what stays on files, many lenders will

have you been bankrupted in the last x years.