ESA - WRAG will run out soon. How to get moved to Support Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4373 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I would be grateful for some expert advice please.

I currently get contribution based ESA and am (wrongly ??) in the WRAG. The year will be up in about three months. I am not eligible for anything means tested due to my savings.

Brief history as follows.......

Failed first ATOS medical with 6 points. Several doctor's letters got me a reconsideration and placed in Support Group.

Failed second ATOS medical (about six months later) with 12 points. Again submitted further medical evidence and got another reconsideration to Support Group for about a year.

Passed third ATOS medical this time getting 18 points but was placed in Work Group. Called to "Work Focused" interview but managed to get this postponed pending appeal as I would have found this pretty well impossible to attend. Reconsideration refused so lodged formal appeal.

Unfortunately I did not feel well enough to attend appeal and did not have any representation so I wrote withdrawing it a few days before hearing was due. At the time I did not realise that the Work Group was time limited and I could not face the stress of the appeal for the sake of a few pounds a week difference.

There has been no attempt to call me to any further "Work Focused" interviews and the six month review suggested on the ATOS report has well passed without being called to a further medical.

What is likely to happen now?

I'm reluctant to stir anything up for fear of having to attend interviews at the Job Centre. If the ESA WRAG runs its course can I then appeal in an attempt to get into the Support Group again?

I am not willing to claim JSA which in any case (as I understand it) would only be available for six months then would be means tested and not available to me.

I'd be most grateful for any advice.

Thanks.

Well if you cant attend a WRAG interview then you cant claim JSA anyway as you have to attend the job centre every 2 weeks.

Because you cancelled your appeal I think you cant do anything else now until you reviewed again as appeals have to be submitted within a certian time.

There is a 13 month limit to launch an appeal in some circumstances. You can inform them that your disability is much worse (if this is the case) and get them to review it, if you feel you meet the criteria for the support group.

There is a 13 month limit to launch an appeal in some circumstances. You can inform them that your disability is much worse (if this is the case) and get them to review it, if you feel you meet the criteria for the support group.

Thanks for your reply.

I would rather not "poke the bear" for the moment if the only benefit would be c. £5 per week (difference between WRAG and SG ??). Am I right in thinking that the ESA will stop exactly one year from when I was moved to the WRAG? Will I be sent a formal notification of this? Would that be the time to ask for a review or will that happen automatically?

To be honest I feel (as best I understand it) that I'm right on the borderline between the SG and the WRAG. Is it the case that the SG criteria were tightened up and that is why I was moved despite even ATOS agreeing that I had "passed" (seems the wrong word) their medical this time?

Thanks for any advice.