Irish Credit card debt from 2004

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4141 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok do you know where I can find a statue barred default email for Ireland?
Just send the one in post #6

Also I ask again how can I tell if definitely statute barred? Would my credit file tell me if I got it ?
Your credit file from the ROI won't tell you as it will have dropped off by now & it certainly won't be on your UK one.

Lastly what would you expect the agencies response to be ? Are they legally obliged to prove its not statute barred ?
The onus is on them to prove that it is not SB.

They say they have not

Bought the debt but work for the bank - is this a lie ?

Most probably.

Remember I said I may have emailed the bank about this in 2008]

Doesn't matter, it's unsigned + an email can come from anyone even if they have a record/kept it.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just send the one in post #6

Your credit file from the ROI won't tell you as it will have dropped off by now & it certainly won't be on your UK one.

The onus is on them to prove that it is not SB.

Most probably.

Doesn't matter, it's unsigned + an email can come from anyone even if they have a record/kept it.

Good and clear thanks

Lastly thinking long term here say I

Go

Back in ten years

Will it look better on my report if I settled or if

It went statute barred, or best of all would nothing at all be visible after ten years

:thumb::thumb:

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

If you go back in ten years nothing will happen, nothing will be on your report. Once a debt becomes SB that's the end of it, neither a creditor nor a debt collector can do anything whatsoever about it.

One thing all my correspondence thus far has been by email should I send the statute barred on an actual paper letter ?

have they proved to you its NOT SB'ed

its for them to prove this

not you to prove its not.

i sometimes erm.. on the 'keep on writing' scenario.

it just dangles a carrot a mug awaits fleecing.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

One thing all my correspondence thus far has been by email should I send the statute barred on an actual paper letter ?

Me again

Before coming on here I emailed a free advise company in Ireland called Mabs - they have just replied ad advised that in regard to statute barred the contract with the bank could have wording to the effect that should

I move home I needed I have advised the bank of this and

If

I didn't that could

Negate the statute barred

:( lost agh

Don't waste the postage, just send it by email. ;)

Ok last thing (I think)

While

I am

Waiting for them

To

Prove this statute barred can and will they add interest ?

Big worry for me is the debt

May go up !

I am

Listening to you guys by the way I want to

Send the

Statute barred email but don't want them

To come back saying I owe more !!!!!

Me again

Before coming on here I emailed a free advise company in Ireland called Mabs - they have just replied ad advised that in regard to statute barred the contract with the bank could have wording to the effect that should

If

I didn't that could

Are you aware of how much mail is lost in the post?

They can't add anything on a SB debt. Even if they said it wasn't SB they still have to prove it.

And say they did prove it wasn't statute barred and lets be honest that's unlikely , could they add interest die the time it took for them to prove it ?

Me again

If

I didn't that could

total borricks

nothing can unbar a debt

not even a judge

dx

and they

And say they did prove it wasn't statute barred and lets be honest that's unlikely , could they add interest die the time it took for them to prove it ?

They cannot add interest unless it is expressly stated in the terms and conditions of your original agreement.... which is very rare.

Your point being

There is no legal obligation on someone to notify a creditor of their whereabouts & even if there was and you did any notification by post could easily have been 'lost' in the post.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys

Quick update - I have requested the original contract between myself and bank , the last correspondence between myself and bank and the date te debt was incurred.

I got an email back straight away advising the info has been requested and my account has been PUT ON HOLD until the data is furnished to me

Is this a good thing ? What does on hold mean ? Legally ? Does this void the original per cent age offer I made and can they maybe add interest in the meantime ?

I

Think is a good thing but would greatly appreciate some urgent advice

The debt is nine years old therefore Statute Barred. They cannot take any enforcement, add interest or mark your credit file. If you do not feel inclined to pay it there is absolutely nothing that they or anyone else can do about it.

They offered you the discount because they are clutching at straws and hoping to at least get some money off you. You do not have to pay them a cent. ;)

• 7 months later...
The debt is nine years old therefore Statute Barred. They cannot take any enforcement, add interest or mark your credit file. If you do not feel inclined to pay it there is absolutely nothing that they or anyone else can do about it.

They offered you the discount because they are clutching at straws and hoping to at least get some money off you. You do not have to pay them a cent. ;)

Ok this company has now come back to me , exactly 6 months later , and provided a copy of my balance , with no signature , and no proof of any correspondence between me and the bank in the last 8 years (which I asked for)

The letter again was sent to my mothers house so I haven't actually seen it yet , seems to me that they have just waited 6 months and sent off another standard draft hoping I will bite. I know this cause I had contact with them via email so if they were really following up properly they would have emailed me aswell

I am torn between ignoring it, or offering a measley amount to make them disappear hard as I haven't seen the letter yet

Opinions?

Yes you need to tell them it's SB. Even tho' they are trying to collect a debt covered by the laws of the ROI they still have to abide by the OFT's guidelines which means once you've stated a debt is SB they must cease all collection activities until such time that they can prove the debt is not SB. ;)

Yes you need to tell them it's SB. Even tho' they are trying to collect a debt covered by the laws of the ROI they still have to abide by the OFT's guidelines which means once you've stated a debt is SB they must cease all collection activities until such time that they can prove the debt is not SB. ;)

Is there some sort of default letter ? Or shall I simply state it in non legal straight talk

sb letter in the green library tab top left

then dca section on the right

dx

and they