Help needed for Ct stage

Jlchilton
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6443 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Great reading all your stuff and knowing that everyone is taking on the fat cats. Just reading through the steps and am at step two where I am sending the premininary letter with breakdown of charges. When I downloaded the spreadsheet from the site it said that I am stongly advised to attached a schedule to my claim with the courts. By schedule does this mean the spreadsheet - just checking the language. AlsoI imagine the claim with the courts happens at a later stage if the bank is still holding out but again I would attach a breakdown to them too... does it sound like I am understanding this all OK?!!

Thanks for your help, really appreciated. Good luck to all of you.

Hi,

Can anyone give me the correct address you should send your correspondance to for Natwest. I am just about to send the prelim request for payment and am not sure which is the official registered address...

Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all,

Natwest have been pretty quick up till now getting back to me - seems they are getting the swing of it. Have had the letter back to the first request saying "sorry you are unhappy, blah, but we think these charges are justified". I now need to send the SBA but wanted to check the step by step instructions before I sent it over to amke sure I was attaching all the correct stuff.... and I can't find it. It seems to have disappeared from its original location on the site. Can anyone direct me to it pls..!!

Hi

I am at exactly the same stage with NatWest as Jlchilton. I have been filling out the money claim online Particulars of claim, when I remembered reading that you must give the bank fourteen days to reply or you may loose your right to claim.

I know that Natwest have given me a statement that they consider themselves to be in the right....but it did come back pritty swiftly so I am wondering if they are trying to catch me out?

I haven't found the appropriate advice for this particular type of letter on the 'Step-by-Step Instructions' page i.e stage 3.

The letter for stage 4 seems to be if you had no response so I presume it doesn't apply to me.

Excuse me for being picky but it's a lot of money and I need to make sure I get it right!

Yours gratefully Samantha

P.S Fantastic site!

Hi moffie

I would say if they have responded to either your preliminary letter or LBA making it clear they are not refunding then press on with the next stage.

If you have received an offer then respond with a letter accepting as partial and that they have xx days remaining to comply with your request before you submit lba/start MCOL

If you sent LBA and the fourteen days hasnt expired and you havent had a letter yet I would wait the full 14 days or u will jeapordise your claim.

Correct me if I am wrong anyone?? I gave Natwest 14 days and didnt get a response to my LBA and then gave them about 4 extra days (waiting for payday:D ) before I issued my claim. Hope this helps

Clark xx:p

:p If you like the advice I give or I have helped you in any way, click the scales and let me know about it x :p

NatWest: £1148.00 (defence filed 3/10/06)

Halifax: £2600.00 Letter received 28/09/06 SETTLED IN FULL!!!:lol:

Co-op: £1140.00 Cheque received 5/10/06 SETTLED IN FULL

Barclays Bank: £510.00 (LBA time up 19/9/06) Offer received of £250.00 thanks but no thanks

Barclaycard: £840.00 Half refunded mcol being done for the other half!

Capital One: £100 Settled in full after preliminary letter

RBS: £38.00 SETTLED IN FULL 14th September 2006

STILL TO GO.......

Hubbys Halifax visa :p

Hubbys Yorkshire bank visa :)

Hubbys old Yorkshire bank (closed) account :rolleyes:

Hi Moffie, it does seem like you are at the same stage as me - LBA?

From the sounds of it this is your next step, Natwest have responded to you saying that they haven't done anything wrong and that they are correct to deduct the monies etc etc as they did with me. Since they have responded you can now proceed with the LBA. I think it is only if you don't hear anything back from them you have to wait 14 days before you move to the next step.... so I think you are good to go to the next stage as I will do. Good luck and keep me updated as to how you do!!

Jen

• 2 weeks later...

hello,

This site has been amazing, thanks for all the advice so far. I have sent my first letter to nat west to which they said that the fees were just etc etc and therefore to take it to court if i wished. then I sent my 'letter before action' to which i received an almost identical letter saying to send any court proceeding to their head office.

My worry is that they are inviting me to take them to court. The pointers listed on this site said they would bge liklet to either ignore my letter or offer me a partial refund. I suppoose the letter was sent registered so they cant claim they didnt receive it (in fact they got back within 5 days of both).

Now I believe the next step is to take them to the small claims court. Has anyone got any advice on this? Do I submit MY interest charges when i take up this claim? Obviously I dont go through the samll claims court on a regular basis so any help to do with this step would be very useful

Thanks

Now I've merged your threads, you'll see you were given the link to the step by step intructions above in post number 6. Please read around the site, and research off-site too.

Bringing your claim to court is a serious issue not to be taken lightly.

[