• Tweets

• They didn't turn up because they knew they would lose so they saved the cost of sending a brief saving them a couple of hundred pounds at least. But still a big relief for you now that it's all over . So congratulations plus you can enjoy your trip that much more. 
    • I will try again...................... Even at my age there is quite clearly a PCN envelope by the windscreen wipers on your car on some of the photos.  But as I said in the IPC letter, that is not the dispute. The dispute is that CPM sent you the second PCN on the 28 th day of the issue date of the first PCN. It should not have been sent until the day AFTER the original PCN was issued. Therefore they broke the Act, they breached the IPC Code of Conduct and their agreement with the DVLA. It is something that the IPC cannot ignore since to do so will bring the ICO down on them and the DVLA should ban CPM from getting data from them once they know if the ICO do nothing. The minimum I expect is that your PCN will be cancelled. But it is up to you. I have given you the details, you have copies of both PCNs sent to you on the sar  with all  the relevant dates. 
    • Apply for an HM Armed Forces Veteran Card   An HM Armed Forces Veteran Card is a way to prove that you served in the UK armed forces. The card can make it quicker and easier to apply for support as a veteran. It’s free to apply. You can currently only apply for a Veteran Card if you have a UK address. Veterans who do not have a UK address will be able to apply later this year. READ MORE HERE: Apply for an HM Armed Forces Veteran Card - GOV.UK WWW.GOV.UK Apply for an armed forces veteran card to prove that you served in the UK armed forces.
    • The Private Parking Code of Parking has been postponed as the poor dears are frightened that thew will all go out of business once it becomes Law. We all wish but nothing could be further from the truth so doubtless most of them will have to change their ways if they don't want to be removed as approved parking companies. Thank you for still retaining and producing the original PCN which, no surprise, fails to comply with the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 Schedule 4. [It even states the vehicle "breeched" the terms  when it was the driver that allegedly breached the terms}. It fails to specify the Parking Period and whilst it does show the arrival and departure ANPR times on the photographs [that I cannot read] they do not include how long you actually parked nor was it specified on the Notice  [photos don't count]. So that means that you spent even less time parked though it would help had you not blocked out the dates and times, so good if you could please include them on your next  post. Pofa  asks the driver to pay the charge S( [2][b] which your PCN doesn't though they do ask the keeper to pay.and they have missed out theses words in parentheses S9[2][f] ii)  (ii)the creditor does not know both the name of the driver and a current address for service for the driver, the creditor will (if all the applicable conditions under this Schedule are met) have the right to recover from the keeper so much of that amount as remains unpaid; All of those errors mean that the cannot transfer the charge from the driver to the keeper. Only the driver is now responsible . What a rubbish Claim Form -doesn't even give the date of the event which it should.  
    • it doesn't matter what you are being charged or if you missed the discount period. you ain't paying anyway..... if this ever gets before a judge. then the ins and out of POFA2012 or any IPC/BPA guidelines might come into play. until then i go get on with your life. you are spending far too much time on a speculative invoice scan scheme  its almost as if you believe these are fines and enforceable in a criminal court and you could have bailiffs at your door any minute.    
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Acenden /SPML eviction, and other issues. Its happening all over again..

bs0lth
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4402 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, Ok long story but I will try to keep it short..

I have been ill for the last three years, its been the bane of my life and I have been in and out of hospital, sometimes for long stays sometimes for short ones. My mortgage is a complete mess, Ive been messed around by the DWP had benefits stopped and started again.. and all kinds of stuff.

My daughter staved off eviction last time I was in hospital, and she has been making payments to SPML on my behalf.

Im in court on friday at 3pm after having a eviction notice delivered for eviction to take place on the 24th

I have started a money claim for my charges back, but as yet still havent heard what the date is, mainly because I had to apply for help with the fees and they said it took a little longer to this.

I have also started court stuff for missing information from my subject access request, there is so much missing its unbelievable and they are refusing to do anything about it..

Now help...

I have been going through the information I have, and after filing for my charges back I realised that there are interest charges. thats all it says on the statement, interest charge, now they have been put on the account since November 2010 they have not appeared before this time. to be honest, it just says interest and the amount. I am convinced that this is interest on the arrears.. I have a basic repayment mortgage so Im sure the interest in that is all ready calculated.

What is bothering me is that I am in arrears but I have gone through every payment due and every payment made since the mortgage started and the arrears are £1299.60 , my daughter is committed to reducing them.. and has just paid £1500 off them..

Now the biggest concern is the charges are currently £6605.60 and if the interest is interest on the arrears thats adding up to £4115.81. I have tried to ask SPML on the phone what the interest is.. but put it into writing today to see what they say.. if it is arrears interest then at £250+ per month it means that they are charging me roughly 30% per month interest on the arrears .. I didnt think that they could do that.

Now SPML are saying that my account is in arrears by £7000 (I think this keeps changing all of the time) Im sure that the 1500 has to come off this figure..

What I need is ammo to get the eviction stopped.. getting information from this company is a pain in the bum, if I phone to ask them anything they will only talk about the arrears..as they stand not how they are made up..

Can anyone help with this please.. ta in advance

Hi there, I am assuming that you entered an N244 to get the hearing? what did you put in Q10 of the form ? (you did keep a copy of it?)

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

hi Ell-enn yes kept a copy of it I learned the hard way where this flaming company is concerned.. the eviction notice was on mat when I got home from hospital.. great welcome home gift..

I attached a statement for question 10 do you want me to copy and paste it onto here or do you want a copy of it..

basically said that I contest the arrears, they stand at £1299.60 the rest of the arrears are charges.. which stand at £6605. full spread sheets enclosed in the evidence and their docs to back it up

That I am in discussion with the Mortgage Relief people who have said they have written twice now to the company asking for information. Only have verbal proof about this they still havent put it into writing.

I have started to reclaim my charges back in the county court, they are processing the application (since I applied for a fee remission) put in the claim form for this into my evidence.

I have also started action to get the information from my Subject Access Request since most of it was missing. Could not get a clear picture of what the charges were and exactly how much was owed this is why this is important. last eviction hearing the judged told their solicitor to give me her information and she refused me outside said I had to take it up with the company.. so kept writing asking two letters from them promising the info and dates..

I also told them that I have tried to work things out with the mortgage company and they refused

told them that I am working 8hrs a week on dwp permitted working.. but my daughter is working full time and has covered the mortgage for the last four months..

They lost a payment as well for £1000 daughter sent them a bankers draft for £1000 since they refused to take payment from her over the phone.. they say they didnt recieve it.. she contacted her bank they are tracing it and as yet still havent returned it to her account if it has been cashed they say they will supply details to her so enclosed receipt for cheque..

enclosed an income expenditure for me and daughteer

Actually used what you gave us in the past just added the other things. also told them that we have registed with Pattersons estate agents to auction the house if the Mortgage Relief people cant help

did you quote the Norgan case law an Administration of Justice Act ?

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

I must say that all I want at the moment is to put all of this off, we have somewhere to live from the 1st (ish) of May, but I want to sell the house on my terms not have it taken away from me. Because knowing SPML Im going to come out of this badly I know I am..

El-enn

this is it exactly

I am the defendant in this case and respectfully request the court to consider the

following information when hearing my application:

The arrears arose due to my ill health and several long stays in hospital. Despite keeping the Claimant advised of the situation and making an offer to repay the arrears, they have refused to negotiate and demanded the full arrears to be paid in order to stop eviction. I have been in hospital again. (Appendix 1)

I contest the amount of the arrears being asked for. The amount of arrears is £1299.56. The rest of the arrears are made up with administration charges. The total figure of charges levied on the account is £6605.60. I have included a spread sheet to show this (Appendix 6). The figure was correct at 31st March 2012.

I have tried to work out an arrangement with the mortgage company to pay off the arrears. However, I can not get the full picture from them. They have greatly inflated the arrears with costs and administrative charges, I applied for a Data Protection Subject Access Request to enable me to find out the extent of the arrears and so far this has not yet been completed. (Appendix 2). I am still waiting for the information from the mortgage company. They stated in two letters dated 27th February 2012 and 19th March 2012 that I would have a reply to my complaints by the 16th April 2012. I still have had no word from the company on this issue.

The Mortgage Relief Scheme, has also asked for information to further my claim and

has yet to receive the information requested from them. I have talked to the Mortgage relief team, they have told me that they have written to the defendants twice now requesting information from them.

I have contacted the FSA who regulates the claimant to ask for advice. They have told me that the claimant has to adhere to the MCOB handbook guidelines for Arrears and repossession and the arrears must not include legal fees, charges or administration charges. All money paid to them must be taken off the arrears owed and not used to pay their charges.

I have also been advised by the FSA to report the Claimant to the FOS for them to look into the huge amount of charges that have been levied onto the account, and also take action in the small claims court.

I applied to Sunderland County Court on the 12th of April 2012 to make the mortgage company comply with the Data Protection Act and forward on the information they hold on me. This should provide all of the proof needed to show the true arrears and charges. (Appendix 4)

May I also point out that the Claimant also states that I have signed a contract with them to pay the Charges in with the arrears however, The said loan is subject to the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations Act 1999(UTCCR) which state that the charges are termed as unfair because they breach the requirement of fairness contained in UTCCR.

The Claimant is Statutory bound by Financial Services Authority Regulations: Mortgage Conduct of Business Rules (MCOB) contained in the FSA handbook. The Claimant then levied mortgage arrears charges against the defendant. They then issued interest on the said unlawful charges. The mortgage arrears charges were also

levied at a rate which exceeded their administration charges.

The Level of charges is also unfair because they are the result of unfair treatment by

The defendant and therefore levied in breach of the defendants statutory duty to treat their customers fairly contained in the MCOB handbook. (Appendix 5)

I have also made and application in the Small Claims Court on the 2nd March 2012 for the charges levied on my account to be taken off the arrears. I applied for a fee remission for this case and I am still waiting for the case number.

However my situation has improved. I have returned to work, working 8 hours a week on the permitted work scheme operated by the DWP. This means that on top of my wage I will receive full ESA benefits and mortgage relief. My daughter has also asked to return to this address and contribute towards the mortgage, and I have also been asked to have a friend’s daughter live with me for the next 2 years. Please see completed budget sheet (Appendix 7)

Therefore I respectfully ask the court to take into account the case of Cheltenham and Gloucester v Norgan when considering my offer of payment and also s.36 of the

Administration of Justice Act 1970.

I assure the court that I am are committed to clearing the arrears and respectfully

ask that eviction is suspended in order to avoid the expensive and unnecessary costs which would undoubtedly arise following repossession in the current property climate.

I also believe that this needs to end, I have contacted Pattinsons Estate Agents to auction the house, if the mortgage Relief Scheme can not help. The house could be entered into either the March or April sale. It would then take 28 days or less for completion. If I have to sell the house I have the offer of a rental property that would be ready on the first of May 2012. (Appendix 8)

Do you know if your local court has duty legal advisers in attendance on possession hearing days ? lots of courts have them now and they can accompany you into the hearing and support your case.

Hi that looks fine, just one thing :

The Mortgage Relief Scheme, has also asked for information to further my claim and

has yet to receive the information requested from them. I have talked to the Mortgage relief team, they have told me that they have written to the defendants - (this should say Claimant) twice now requesting information from them.

All that keeps being said is that I signed a contract that said I was liable to charges, and that they are part of the arrears... but to be honest their figures just dont add up at all...

I have something thatI managed to get

summary from 5/11/2010 to 1/03/2012

payments Due 11,670

made 4006.19

Arrears 7,664.24

other amounts due 621.00

charges as a result of missed payments 1,749.44

total interest charged £4,115.63

total overdue balance 8.285.24

Just take a corrected copy with you on the day and when the judge has finished his opening comments in the hearing just say "Sir my I give you a corrected copy of the N244 Witness statement, there was a typing error" then simply hand it over to him - hand a copy to SPML's rep at the same time. (Highlight the correction in red so he can see where it is).

Ok I will do that on friday..

just out of interest.. the figures above..

the payments due are £7949

payments made £7860

I actually need to go through the rest of it..

but I am now convinced the interest is on the arrears

and also the charges and other amounts due... they shouldnt be on the arrears should they?

Hi bs0lth, my case is very similar to yours, have a read, my case has been put on hold for 4 months to see what the fos say about charges and can they claim them as missed CMI,

Not very nice people to deal with and i hope they get what they deserve shortly, they are infact misleading the courts by not been transparent of what is in arrears, i just feel sorry for the hundreds of people who just let there homes go to these lowlife because they have been dazzled by figure's and lies....

I hope you get some sort of result and you are in the best hands here.....

dave

Hi Dave,

I have been lucky, in some respects Ell-enn has been a great help over the years and helped my daughter so much last November, when I was in no state to do anything. The problem I have is that I dont know where you are but the court here seems to be on the side of SPML. I have had massive problems with them trying to get information from them, or even just talking to them, to a point where I try to do everything by writing to them. They get really abusive on the phone. The last judge I saw was pretty sympathetic and when I told him about the charges etc said that I really needed to claim them back.. so Im in the process of doing that.. as for the information, the judge tells them to do one thing and they do completely the opposite, they were told to give me a copy of the notes that their solicitor had with them but she refused telling me to take it up with the company, so I brought it up last time, and the judge asked for the solicitors notes and handed them to me. its not complete but it was a start to get the ball running.

To be honest with you though, I know my time is running out, I really need to move, we have somewhere that is ok, but ts not ready yet and moving just put the fear of god into me, especially at the moment, but I know that if I let them repossess then Im not going to see any profit that is made on the house they will get it all in inflated charges etc.

but I will keep trying, I shudder to think of all the people that just rolled over and gave up, they are a bunch of sharks, and Im going to be so pleased to get away from them.. and stop worrying about it all of the time. the phone calls were so bad as well but suppose they have to be.

I just hope I get a bit more time, otherwise I really dont know what is going to happen.

good look on yours, I hope the fos come though, I decided to go the court route first, after I was told that I could get a fee remission, but having to apply for it all takes time.

Ill get off my soap box thanks for the reply though.. pleased somebody else understands. :)

I have just had a letter today from Acenden, their complaints department stating that all of their fees are fair but they have found two that were not so are refunding them.. ha what a laugh..

never mind they also say that they had missed a couple of things from my SAR. nope sorry there is a huge amount missing including all of the stuff they sent to the solicitors.. I know this because Ive seen some of it at the hearings and non at all is included.. so it looks like Im off to fight with then again..

what they have included is my orignial terms and conditions, which makes interesting reading especially where the charges are concerned.. I will be taking them with me tomorrow...

god this is getting worse by the second.. sigh...

The £5 fee for you having the decency to pay them is absurd too, these will have there comeuppance one day and once there terrible practices/ name gets in the media they will be finished.....esp when they have to pay £££££ back to there customers, did you know SPML are just about finished according to the commercial credit reference agency? they say they have appointed acenden to deal with there mortgage admin....lies.... its got the same directors!! and so was capstone...

If you want a copy of there credit report including all there directors pm me...

Good luck tomorrow....

Hi Dave,

God its got me round the bend at the moment, the letter today was a waste of time but the good news is that i got listing of hearing back today so that will come with me tomorrow. Looking at the forums, a lot of people are not having much luck with the fos which they nicely send me their address with the letter.. they know that they have nothing to worry about with them. What Im trying to find atm is actually solid proof that they can not legally charge me interest on the arrears, or charge me twice for legal fees, or that they can not put all of the charges and interest in with the arrears.. I have some of the MCOB handbook but need it spelled out more.. actually just had a though..I wouldnt mind the report, the more I have on them the better.

I wish to god that I had never got involved with these. The broker I dealt with did not tell me about them and I had a reasonable credit rating when I took the mortgage out, its just the last couple of years things got a bit out of hand.

never mind I suppose I will keep looking, I will also pm you..

thanks for the luck

Lynne

Ive been charged the £5 on a bank transfer, they say that it had to be manually applied so therefore charged.. its a rip off...

they have also lost a cheque, we are in the process of cancelling it since it hasnt been found although i have proof of postage / signed for envelope.. and sig to prove it got there.

I have set up a direct debit twice with them only to have them try to take all the arrears so now nomally pay by card since they will not set me up with an account online..

Well what a day and I need more advice please...

I went today and now have the warrant suspended for the time being, there was a duty solicitor on duty so got some help and she was a godsend, actually I think I needed her this time..

right, nightmare, Acenden are still saying that the arrears are as stands, however there are a couple of things that have me concerned

it was brought up in the hearing that SPML have taken off the charges in the arrears back 18months but not before that, the judge asked why only 18 months when in normal terms the statue of limitation is 6 years and 12 in anything to do with property.. so this raised a question with him.

They are still saying that the arrears are as stands even though they looked at the spreadsheet I provided with every payment due and every payment made, and it was 1299 not the now £6500 they now say i owe.. its was £8300 yesterday..

also they keep saying most of what Im relying on is hearsay. and the figures speak for themselves..

but what is the judge is requesting is that the hearing I have for my charges and the hearing for the eviction is linked together from now on in.. because the charges are more than is owed..

The duty solictor says that I really need legal advice to carry this forward...

I still have the house...

they are still missing the 1000.00 payment

and the last payment took them 7 days to put on my account so it looks like i didnt make it when I was ordered to.. although I supplied the bank reciept to show it was made before the date ordered..

Im stuck now.. on what to do to take this forward