Michaelangelo's thread

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4200 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Got it in one! Nothing sinister guys! We all expect this from Mbna-the most underhand bank in the W. Hemisphere! Again anyone who has CC A s77/78 and SAR DPA .1998 templates- any chance of formarding me copies?

They are in the CAG library, the link to which is at the top of every page in green

EDIT: I already gave you that here

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?345106-Debt-Assignment&p=3792066#post3792066

Got it in one! Nothing sinister guys! We all expect this from Mbna-the most underhand bank in the W. Hemisphere! Again anyone who has CC A s77/78 and SAR DPA .1998 templates- any chance of formarding me copies?

I have added links on the thread you first requested them.

D. Dont know how to start one!M

You already have a thread running actually. To start a thread on this forum, use the back arrow to move out of this thread. Scroll up the screen a bit and on the left hand side, you'll see a blue 'button' that says Post New Thread in white. Choose a title and tell us your story. :)

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

A s.77/78 reqesut is a specific request under the CCA - the creditor has to supply this information by law - if they fail to comply then they are unable to enforce the agreement in court.

An SAR is a request under the DPA - they have to supply you with ALL the information they hold on you. This will include application forms - correspondence - PPI etc. Can be helpful to see what turns up.

Send for both.

Some Couts will accept a recon - does not mean that they are going to send you one though.

Request one and don't pre-judge what will arrive - it may not be compliant.

The alternative is to do nothing.

I was thinking of sending a complaint to the OFT about the way Mbna rang me at evenings and weekends and forced me to increase my payments in mid 2010 from £10 to £28 pm-even though i was on state benefits -and the way i was threatened with "repossession'. and aggresive debt recovery practices! When i said i didnt have any assets she asked if i could borrow money from family-friends and relatives to make a payment or settlement! Is this legal?-

Hi D. What are the typ penalties for these breaches! They also rang me circa 2005-07 using a Mumbai based collection agent from India-esp. at weekends and evenings and put the phone down/wouldnt speak if my partner answered the phone-this really distressed us both-obviously why they did it! At least 20 calls and three letters later they suddenly stopped when I complained to Mbna and threatened legal action and report to the police! Surely these were harassment and malicious calls! Can I still complain to the OFT about this-presumably to their complaints manager

Yes you can complain about all of their actions to the OFT.

The OFT can ultimatley revoke their Consumer Credit Licence - but will only do so if there is a weight of complaints. They do not deal with complaints on an individual basis - but it is important that you add to any they already have.