bank acting illegally by freezing my account

dylan2907
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4425 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all. I hope someone out there can help me.

I've got a very strange situation. My bank (Nat West) has frozen all my accounts, containing some £6000.

They have given no notification for doing this. I have received no letters, emails, phone calls or other correspondance telling me why this has happened.

They won't talk to me about it.

They wont pay any direct debits, nor can i get into online/mobile banking.

In fact, its as if they've just said "were shutting you down but we aren't telling you why". I have been left with zero funds, and no way to get paid. I have no debt with the bank, the account doesnt even have an overdraft facility or credit cards.

I cannot get any answers and I'm frustrated. I have made an appointment to see my local MP to try to get him to raise the issue with them, but I don't really know whats happening. Any help would be appreciated.

Sometimes totally innocent transactions such as EBay or a cash withdrawl can trip the banks anti-fraud software and freeze an account.

What I find hard to believe here is that the bank will not discuss the reason with you.

Have you been in to your branch to see the manager?