Trying to cancel Tesco Mobile phone account

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4448 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I took out a 12 month contract with Tesco mobile which was due to end on the 9th March 2012. I wrote to them on Feb 9th giving them 30 days notice of my wish to cancel my account, I asked them to email me any response.

They wrote to me asking for answers to my security questions saying that I didn't put an email address on my letter. My email address was registered to my account and bill notifications were sent there, so I didn't think it was necessary to add this information to my letter. I didn't reply because I was going abroad and my account was paid up until the 9th March so didn't think there would be any problems.

I wasn't prepared for the jobworths that are employed by tesco mobile, apparently without the answers to the security questions they cannot cancel my account and I now owe them £40 because my account is still active.

Just before I suck it up and pay the £40 for an easy life, I thought I would ask for advice here because I have received excellent advice in the past. All I really want to know is was my written notice not enough do they have the right to insist on my emailing them with the answers to my security questions?

Edited by millie35

I would pay (because non payment gets marked on your credit file), then launch an official complaint. Ask them to refund the money OR issue a DEADLOCK letter so you can escalate your complaint either to the ombudsman or for you to take them to court.

• Confused 1

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

to

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

C.A.G. Toolbar

It will be cheaper for them to just wipe the bill to be honest, as the Alternative Dispute Resolution will charge tesco more than that to even look at the complaint.

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

:rofl:

Yeah, thats what I expected :) Glad you got the desired result :)

to

C.A.G. Toolbar