Marston Group - ignoring my official complaint - help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4349 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Can anyone help I am trying to formally complain about how Marston Group work and am getting no help from their complaints department.

In fact they are not even answering me.

Have already sent letters to OFT and MOJ but had no luck there either OFT "keeping on file".

Is their a relevant body I can contact or should I just instruct a solicitor?

Bit of background

- Received a request for an amount of money (£65) with no details of what it was in regard of or when it related too.

Wrote (18th Dec 2011) to them requesting this information and their court number to which I recieved no reply.

I stated that I couldn't pick up any mail until 12th Jan 2012 as I was away working.

Upon my return had recieved a warrant of distress increasing the initial bil to £335 apporx.

I have now paid this in installments even though I continue to protest that I do not have any idea about so called offence.

I supplied them with the car owners details.

However they operative took money from my account on 13th March without my permission.

Any help will be greatly appreicated.

• 2 months later...

Hi,

If you have already complained to the Marston Group you can send a formal complaint to the Financial Services Ombudsman - financial-ombudsman.org.uk/faq/answers/complaints_a1.html

Monday to Friday – 8am to 6pm

Saturday – 9am to 1pm

• 0800 023 4567
    free for people phoning from a "fixed line" (for example, a landline at home)

I've had a similar experience with this company, was going to go straight to the Ombudsman however I need to have made an initial complaint with Marston.

They are are not prepared to investigate and have the communication skills of a cape buffalo (not to be rude to the animal) I have been forced into paying something that I do not owe which has subsequently been increased to 305.00. The bailiff on three occasions tried to tell me i owed an extra £100!!! Each time I would not let this go and demanded proof, after 10 minutes of arguing on both occasions he proceeded to tell me I was a 'donut' and misheard him!! I don't think so! It is so easy to let these things go hassle free but there are vulnerable people out there and this man is manipulating his authority it should be taken off him and shoved up his backside. Work ethics??

Flo

Connor,

Bit confused as to what this debt relates to. You say that Marston Group requested an amount of £65. There can be no possibility that this can relate to a court fine as they are allowed by HMCS to charge am "admin fee" of £85 to the amunt of the debt. This would have meant that the letter would have asked for £65 PLUS £85.

Can you provide a bit more detail.

Connor, the first thing to do is cancel your credit/debit card that marston have the number for. They will probably try and take more later. Old habits die hard it would seem-they did the same thing

to me when they were still Drakes. I took them to Court over it and they agreed to pay back all the money I had paid them plus my expenses after the Court found in my favour. So I know how

frustrating it can be to deal with companies like marston.

marston are one of a few companies that have a Debt Collection side and a bailiff side. At the moment their Debt Collection paperwork is so framed as to appear that it could be from their bailiff

department and I am disappointed that they can get away with it. So I suspect that the first approach to you was as a DCA and now as a bailiff once it went to Court.

Tomtubby is so much more knowledgeable than I so please follow TTs advice to sort your problem out.