style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4426 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Came home today to find a ROSSENDALES hand delivered letter behind my door. AS follows:

BAILIFF REMOVAL

MAGISTRATES LIABILITY ORDER/DISTRESS WARRANT

DATED 23/06/10 FOR....UNPAID COUNCIL TAX

BALANCE DUE IN FULL - 24 HOURS £.........TBA(wrote in pen)..............Inclusive of costs.

I have attended today with the intention of removing your goods and chattels as are necessary to discharge the above debt and any additional ENFORCEMENT COSTS incurred. If payment in full is not made within 24 hours you may incur further costs.

PLEASE NOTE - No further arrangements are acceptable and payment is now required in full by CLEAR FUNDS ONLY.

I will re-attend at your address at my convenience and may REMOVE goods even in your absence. Should you wish to avoid this course of action, contact me immediately on the telephone number below to arrange prompt payment of your debt.

NO CONTACT WILL BE TAKEN AS YOUR REFUSAL TO PAY.

Your sincerely,

Ms xxxxx (2 outstanding cases) ......wrote in pen.

From the letter I am basically buggered is there anything I can do?.

I got behind on my council tax and lots of other bills, so to pay one I would have to miss the other.

I did have a payment plan with the council, but just couldn't get out of debt. It seems a long time since I last heard anything from them, but defo cant remember any previous dealings with rossendales.

Have I left it to late and cowered away from this debt for to long or is there any chance I could still make a new payment plan with the council???

Or is there only a chance of jail, or them being able to just enter my property?.

Not sure how or why there is two outstandig cases though or why its taken this long. PLEASE HELP IF POSS!!

They have no right to enter a secure premises and can NOT force there way in

If they gain peaceful entry they can force there way in

keep doors and windows secure

make payments direct to COUNCIL

The bailiffs are buggered (not you!) if you refuse to deal with them

do not let them in you're home ever

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

Do not phone the bailiffs

if you have a car park it away so they are not able to levy on it

if you deny them any levy all they will do is hand it back to council

Thanks for your reply i hate bailiffs, do you think the council would be willing to let me set up a new payment plan? I would much rather pay them, but I am worried they might not deal with me and just say I have to deal with bailiffs only :(

If you phone the council i am positive they will say "it is with the bailiffs and you have to deal with them"

you can make payments online or automated telephone service TO COUNCIL

there is bailiff fees to consider £24.50 first visit and £18.00 second visit where no levy been made

you probably will get another 24 hour notice from tossingdales which will be second visit

they can re attend as many times as they want but cant charge fees unless they levy/remove goods

never sigh any paperwork from a bailiff ever

Thanks again,

i'm not even sure what the amount is that I owe the council. Should I just ring the council and ask and them?. I've just recieved this years bill and usually pay on my council tax card, should i just pay extra on that alongside my normal monthly payments? because I know I cant afford to pay a lump sum for the arrears, or will they just think im paying extra on my current bill. I think the debt is around abouts £800, In the past the council wanted something like £250+ a month, but there was no way I could afford that............. just dont know what to do.

You need to ring the council and ask them for confirmation of the amount of the Liability Order.

If you have a car outside of your home then the bailiff will almost certainly levy upon that. There is no need to allow the bailiff to come into your home and to do so, will incur you in substantial additional fees.

arrangements can normally be made once bailiffs hand it back to the council although council can recall it at any time but normally wont

make sure you don't stretch the money too far and fall behind with the new years bill!!

contact the council and get a figure it will no doubt be very different to what tossendales want

tossendales will re attend still but once they get board it will be handed back to council until it does windows and doors secure at all times move anything from garden of value to prevent levy

They can break into detached garages ,sheds and outbuildings and levy so be careful where you put stuff

Hi thanks, I do have a car outside the house, the person I bought it off never sent me the log book, so its not technically registered in my name as yet, although I have paid the tax on it and mot, so dont know if they can find out that way.

Hi thanks, I do have a car outside the house, the person I bought it off never sent me the log book, so its not technically registered in my name as yet, although I have paid the tax on it and mot, so dont know if they can find out that way.

park it away from house in that case!!!

• Confused 1

Ok will do, just read that they clamped some one, hopefully they will be to dumb to remember which car it was. Just trying to ring council now to get the liability figure. Thanks again everyone for your help so far.