Eon and LCS ****Resolved****

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4400 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all

I received a bill from Eon from a house my daughter and I were staying in, paid by my house insurance company, when i had a flood in my own property. I am currently off work ill with cancer.

I contacted them and explained that my insurance firm were paying and heard nothing back then got a threatening letter from LCS. The letter stated that i would be paying £200 admin charge on top of the bill and that i should pay in full within seven days. My income, at this point was £137 per week as i had gone beyond the years pay from my employer.

I rang them and said that i felt threatened so would pay all i could. They said it would be a minimum of £100 per month. I had to move out of my home and rent it out to be able to afford this and am now living with my father. I have paid the Eon bill in full now and LCS are still threatening me for their £200. What should I do? Please help. I am ill with cancer and dont need the extra worry

Don't take any nonsense from LCS AND NEVER TALK TO THEM ON THE PHONE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES, THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS TO THIS RULE Write to them requesting a full breakdown of account. Have a financial statement compiled by one of the charity advice agencies and pay them only what is affordable. If they have added charges come back with another post and the issue can be dealt with separately.

I have paid it in full now - the whole Eon bill and they still are insisting I pay the £200 they say i have to pay to them for Admin charges. I have explained that I am unwell and this is making me more ill as my blood pressure is now at dangerous levels too! How do I get them to stop???

Counter this by requesting a breakdown of the charges claimed. REMEMBER WRITING ONLY.

In the meantime PAY THEM NOTHING. If they call you on the phone, let them listen to Jeremy Kyle or something equally boring for half an hour.

They dont have my phone number. They sent me a bill saying I owed £300; I paid £100 and now all that is owing is the £200 "admin charge". They are now saying that I paid the admin charge at the start so still owe Eon £200!!!

Just to update you all. I rang Eon on Friday and they were horrified at how I have been treated. They have contacted LCS and told them to stop contacting me! Phew!! Thanks all for your help.

Hi themummy

Really sorry for the late reply. Been out of the office for quite a while recently. Only back on this forum on Friday.

I'm also sorry you've had such a hard time about the balance on your account. It seems this is now being sorted but give me a shout if you need me to look at anything as will be happy to help.

Malc

• 3 weeks later...

BT and LCS - sorry don't know how to start a new thread...

I had agreed a Direct Debit amount with BT for my broadband/calls and have email proof of this. However they changed the amount without informing me first. I complained and eventually had a very rude manager on the phone to me the day before I was going on holiday last year. I explained that I couldn't do anything as I was about to go on holiday so she said that she would terminate my contract, which, when I came back, she had done. I reported BT to the Ombudsman and they backed BT however I am still unhappy with the charges etc. LCS are now involved and have now sent me a letter stating I am on 72 Hour Notice. I WAS trying to resolve this myself and do want to take BT to court for Misrepresentation among other things but am now tempted just to include this in my IVA. Any suggestions?

Thanks

Kentoot