very dodgy mortgage dealer - help my grandma pleased

von_pixo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4432 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Okay, I'm posting this on behalf of my grandmother (she wanted me to post this to get other advice) and I am currently taking action on her case on behalf of her.

I don't want to post really deep information, although if you need more information that can help me please PM me.

Back in 2003 my grandmother took out a re-mortgage on her bungalow.

She was referred.. bullied.. by her partners cousin.

It was one of those company's that apply for you (not too sure what official term is called, she had to pay him £200)

My gran was vulnerable and all she was told to do was sign.

She remembers him not asking many questions at all.

The main thing she was told was to sign on the dotted line.

She was given no paperwork, after she signed.

She only received a some sort of confirmation from the bank Abbey National.

The loan was for £30,000.

Ill get to the point..

My grandmothers partner's cousin bullied her into giving him at least £14k of this loan. (in separate installments by cash/cheque, all proven on bank statements) I wont go into the reason why. but my grandmothers state of mind was understandable, and she was VERY vulnerable.

She had to sell the house to pay off her creditors.

The cousin was never to be heard from again.

2006 she decided to get legal aid and see if she could take the case any further.

The solicitors managed to get a copy of the original loan.

It was soon found out that the bloke who filled in the application,

lied about my grandmothers employment. stating she was a manager and earning X amount.

They contacted Abbey National, who pretty much said 'not our problem'

The solicitors then wrote to the company who applied for the loan on her behalf. CXXXXX BXXXXX the 'partner' of the company stated

AXXXX CXXXXXX was no longer working there since Dec 2004. and his where abouts can be located on FSA.

Solicitors found a AXXXX [middle name] PXXX CXXXXX registered and active, self employed.

They contacted him and he stated my grandmother was never a client of his.

by this time, my grandmothers legal aid had run out.

She didn't have the money to carry on.

This whole process took 11 months.

Now i am older, my grandmother has given me full access to these solicitors letters ect.

I am willing to re open the case.

My grandmothers desired outcome would be a compensation payment from Abbey National,

or Prosecution of the two idiots that caused her so much depression and stress.

My granddad has informed me he has found another victim of his cousin.

A lady who was diddled £200,000!

Although she was reluctant to talk.

Me and my granddad are planning to trip to her house to see if she would be willing to talk now.

Now, I've only been working on this for a matter of hours and i think ive found something already.

I need your opinions!

I've been looking up these guys names on FSA register.

I could not find the original company on there WHAT so ever (and the website is ''currently down'') go figure.

But i done a individual search, A match came up to 1 CXXXXX JXXXXXX BXXXXXX (inactive)

History:

Controlled functions - Previous

CF21 Investment Adviser Openwork Limited 01/06/2005 - 31/10/2007

CF21 Investment Adviser Zurich Advice Network Limited 07/01/2003 -31/05/2005

CF22 Investment Adviser (Trainee) Zurich Advice Network Limited 07/06/2002 - 07/01/2003

CF22 Investment Adviser (Trainee) TenetConnect Limited 01/12/2001 - 24/05/2002

CF30 Customer Blueprint Distribution Ltd 16/03/2009 - 02/05/2011

CF30 Customer Openwork Limited 01/11/2007 - 31/12/2008

Appointed rep. relationships - Previous:

227242 Blueprint Financial Services Ltd 18/09/2003 - 31/12/2008

211566 Ivory Financial Services Ltd 05/06/2002 - 19/06/2003

185145 Ivory Financial Advisors Limited 23/02/2001 - 24/05/2002

Then I done a search on AXXXXXX CXXXXXX,

About 6 came up.

One of them was the one the solicitors contacted he was still active.

I looked at the rest and i came across this match which came up pretty interesting :/

AXXXXX KXXXXX CXXXXXX (inactive)

History:

CF21 Investment Adviser Zurich Advice Network Limited 10/12/2002 - 22/03/2004

CF22 Investment Adviser (Trainee) Zurich Advice Network Limited 21/06/2002 - 10/12/2002

227242 Blueprint Financial Services Ltd 18/09/2003 - 22/03/2004

209623 Emerald Financial Management Ltd 20/06/2003 - 18/09/2003

211566 Ivory Financial Services Ltd 21/06/2002 - 19/06/2003

Is this just a MASSIVE coincidence?

or have i actually stumbled on something here? and why did the solicitors not pick up on this before?

Now, what do i do? lol

I was thinking of sending abbey / santandear a letter. And if they keep on refusing to help, ill just keep on sending letters. I dont know im not sure yet.

What about contacting the FSA about my grandmothers case and my findings? can they take action on these people even thought they are inactive? :/ my granddad believes they are out the country (inc his cousin)

Is there any regulations they can help me?

Thanks for reading! Its a mammoth post!

Hi

I know you may not want to but what is the companies name as you may get more advice:

Have you also looked at "Companies House" website: www.companieshouse.gov.uk

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Hi thanks for your reply, Yes it was Footsteps Mortgage. Based in Southampton.

I can't find them on that website. *sigh* I'm suck of what to do next / where to go.

Also thanks for the person who changed the thread title and moved the thread. I did try and find the relevant sub forum but i obviously was not looking hard enough! :p

Also;

Can my grandmother request detailed transactions from the bank. Basically, I'm wondering if the bank can confirm her partners cousin cashed the cheque into his bank account. will the bank have / provide information of this.

I am very surprised that a solicitor who allegedly worked on this for 11 months did not, at the very beginning, point out that your grandmother does not come to the claim with the maxim of 'clean hands'. She would be seeking an equitable remedy from the courts, and as such would need clean hands. I accept it may be confusing, but the mere fact of signing the paperwork, taking the money, having use of it (notwithstanding that she gave some away - which ultimately has nothing to do with either the broker or the bank), making repayments etc, is all evidence that she knew what she was doing.

The claim, if any such claim exists, is likely to be against the cousin. So, if his/her whereabouts are known, it is them who you should be pursuing, for repayment of the funds he/she was given.

It is my opinion that chasing the bank is a waste of time, and that chasing the broker will be difficult as they will cite your grandmother's complicity in signing the paperwork (and probably succeed in that).

Yes, you can send a Subject Access request to any of the companies involved in this - Each request will cost you £10.00 and you can find a draft letter in the CAG library, linked at the top of each screen. You will need to amend the letter to include anything specific you might require.. but generally it is a request for ALL informatin concerning the financial history of your grand mother.

You should send your request by recorded or special delivery mailing - keep the receipt. The company have 40 CALENDAR days in which to provide this information.

IMHO, your argument appears to be with the cousin.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D