PCN for parking on a single yello

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4459 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

yellow*

Hi

I parked on a single yellow at 9 o clock pm and got a parking fine.

The parking fine says parked in a restricted street during prescribed hours. band a.

they want 65 pounds if paid early.

The thing is, before i parked i spent at least 20 minutes looking for a sign saying no parking allowed on a single yellow. ( even though there was another car parked on the single yellow as well giving me a bit of confidence.

the nearest sign i found, about 15 secs walk way was on the high steet saying parking allowed on single yellow.

Im not sure what to do, its soo not fair, how am i meant to know its not okay to park on the single yellow if there are no signs?

ARGH

i parked exactly where that silver car is.

see attached image

and this was the nearest sign i could fine. there are no signs at all on the entire length of masons avenue

see attached

I have emailed Croydon asking for advice but what if they say i was in the wrong. I'im sure a parking attendant has better grasps of the rules then i?

had to use attachments instead of links as forum wont let me posts links yet as im too new

Untitled1.jpg

Untitled.jpg

In controlled parking zones there is something called an underlying restriction, and the times are stated on the entrance signs as you enter the zone. Any single yellow without its own timeplate is governed by the underlying restriction - I haven't checked it all out, but according to the post above, you were almost certainly in a zone where the retsriction starts at 8.00 am.

Does the PCN state an observation time?

Have you checked with the council that there is not meant to be an individual timeplate for that location?

Pretty well the whole of central Croydon is a CPZ:

Mon-Sun 8am -Midnight

I didn't realise that, thing is, how am i even meant to know? How is it even fair?

In controlled parking zones there is something called an underlying restriction, and the times are stated on the entrance signs as you enter the zone. Any single yellow without its own timeplate is governed by the underlying restriction - I haven't checked it all out, but according to the post above, you were almost certainly in a zone where the retsriction starts at 8.00 am.

Does the PCN state an observation time?

Have you checked with the council that there is not meant to be an individual timeplate for that location?

Hi i have not checked, will see Croydon website and make a complaint about lack of signposting? i drove past the place today and still for the life of me cant see any signs! all the way from Fairfield halls.

these are the sort of signs you are looking for

ahh that helps a lot.

i checked on google maps and i did drive past this sign. ( attached)

however its no way near were i parked and

found a sign.jpg

map.jpg

I would write an e-mail to Croydon asking for the Traffic Management Order for the area in question, together with a map of all the signage, indicating where each sign is placed. I know of one case at PATAS which was allowed because the council concerned failed to provide the relevant evidence. Looks like the only way off this one is a technical challenge. If possible, try and take a picture of the sign you passed and jot down the details as these must match what is in the Traffic Order.

Edited by HYMN AND MI

Remember as well, that the CPZ must be signed at every possible entrance into the area you parked. i.e. they don't know which way you may have come into the parking area and if any of the signs are missing then it is possible that that may have been the direction you approached from.

These PATAS cases were won because the council did not provide sufficient evidence of signage. Just go to PATAS website and search for register of appeals and type in the number: 2110142355 and 2110237531. Also: 2120007050.

The idea is to challenge them to produce indisputable evidence that their signage is correct.

Edited by HYMN AND MI