style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4442 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all - hope you can give me some advice !

I've had a bailiff from Rossendales issue a final notice for unpaid Business Rates totalling 1410.69.

I've since spoke to council and they have amended this as i was being charged for too much - anyways the new bill from the council is £920.39

Rossendales charges are totalling £213.15

This is for the following

£24.50 for a first visit

The next visit the bailiff came to my work with a van intending to take goods - no use it's my workplace, we tried to work something out but basically he wanted the 1410.69

Since speaking to them again he is trying to charge me £130.00 for the second visit - he has also charged a £59 levy on my car, i have no note of this in my possesion the council have told me these charges over the phone today.

He also had the wrong car details down when he came - my car is worth around £150 maximum i told him he could take it would save me scrapping it!

My question is - I am now looking at paying the council their share on Friday and telling the bailiffs to take a running jump for their costs as I think they are too much.

The bailiff has said that if they give it back to the council i will be looking at getting jailed - so i'm a bit worried.

Hope someone can advise!

Noop

They have a invalid levy on your car in that case the only reason they have levied it is to bump there fees up as value of car would be next to nothing or cost them to take it.

Pay the council direct

bailiffs have no power to send you to prison all they will do is hand case back to council

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

Oh this makes me laugh every time they threaten a person will jail.....

ROSSENDALES...... you have no authority to send some one to jail.

Yes.. they do read the forums.

Pay the council what you owe, either via their website, on line payment page, or go into their office and pay, they cannot refuse you.

As for rossers, unfortunately you do owe them for at least two visits, £42.50. I advise you pay that, then tell them that it was an unlawful levy, no levy no van fee.

Hi thanks for this...

The bailiff seems to think he's doing me a favour - he wanted 500 quid on Friday last week and the remainder in 2 payments. He has said this morning that I have defaulted so he would have to go speak to the council and they may just advise him to collect the full debt. I advised I was waiting on a revised figure from the Council.

When they came to my work they had the intention of taking goods as they thought I was a director, so the paperwork is incorrect. They can have £42.50 and no more.

I am going to pay the council what they are owed - just hope I don't incur any more costs from Rosendales this week! Should I phone the council and them and tell them of my intentions?

The use of bailiffs is the first step for councils to use if the bailiffs are un able to recover the debt it gets returned to the council for further enforcement.

So bailiffs are chancing one last throw of the dice

I have have had a bailiff return case back to council i never did pay the bailiffs and nothing added on ,would prob be just as-well to pay them to keep them happy.

If i have helped in any way hit my star.

any advice given is based on experience and learnt from this site :-)

but allow an extra £42.50 for rossers the muppets

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!