Barclaycard Debt Help Needed

ImaGooner
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4453 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

This is my first post, would like to say Hello to all.

My wife had a outstanding debt with Barclaycard in her old name and old address, dated back to 2004/2005. We started to rec'd phone calls at the start of 2010 when we unfortunately we lost her mum :-( the phone calls were non stop at all hours of the day, so in the end we blew and just gave it back to them, for obvious reasons dont know what we said!then we started to rec'd letters and what look like fake court letters, but everything just got left cos of what we was going through and i didnt want to worry my wife with this for obvious reasons. in the end we rec'd a court letter asking for us to give a statement of why we should not have to pay this, which we replied with that we thought that this was status barred, the original amount was for £846 and now £1692, and that we have asked for original papers with proof of signed documents and also the first default date! we asked for this to be set aside but it didn't happen! and now have a ccj against her. :-(

The way that my wife and i have been treated by Hfo is disgusting which also leads me to believe that they also have people in the courts taking back handers!

Would really appreciate any information on regarding would i can do now?

Thanks

Hi ima

The first thing to do is, claim back all the Penalty Charges on the account with contractual interest for the last 6 years plus.

Were you mis-sold PPI on the account, claim that back with interest. If you haven't got statements send them a SAR request.

You will find spreadsheets and templates on this site. Read 1,2,3,7 and 8 in my signature. Time to fight back.

First of all, welcome to CAG - there are plenty of people here who have gone up against HFO who can offer advice.

You will definitely need to provide a bit more info and history of events before forumites can help you, though. You are right, HFO's behaviour is absolutely disgusting - one of the key things is not to let them get to you, they can be dealt with.

Thanks for your quick reply's,

I'm trying to get more information but equifax site is down at moment so will update asap. We did fill in the N244 and sent it back to court but court sent letter back saying that we owed the debt! but we have still not rec'd any information,statements copy of signed proof or when the first default date was, from either the court or Hfo. The grounds we applied for was what i said earlier.

I know i am trying to run before i can walk but just a few questions:

1) would the court had all this information and thats why my wife has a ccj? if not how can they give you a ccj without all the information.

2)the debt was in our old address but they have put the ccj on our new address, is that allowed?

3)It was also in her maiden name can they still chase her in her married name?

sorry if i'm jumping the gun a bit

THANKS

will try to keep this short but to the point:

Jan 2010 phone calls started

Mar 2010 when we lost my wife's mum

Apr 2010 phone call intensified and all day n night that's when we snapped and started giving it back!

May 2010 if i recall right rec'd letter saying taking her to court but like everything at this time it wasn't important (grieving)

Sept 2010 ( roughly) rec'd N244 and sent back to court.

24th Nov 2010 rec'd ccj

didn't hear from them at all in 2011 and just rec'd a letter from Turnbull Rutherford Solicitors Quoting

Our Client: HFO Capital Ltd

My name is Daniel Telfer, i'm taking over your file. you will be aware that our client was successful in recent litigation against you in a County court judgment our client has since been successful in having a final charging order being registered against you on the 17 March 2011.

goes on for a bit then say we have 14 days to get in contact with them.

sorry if details are very vague.

Did you ever get a claim form from the court, or did they send it to your old address?

Did you not get a hearing after you entered the N244 for set aside?

Who has the CCJ – HFO Capital or HFO Services?

Who has the charging order?

You are going to have to get all your ducks in a row here.

From Bart’s profile:

About Bart123

Biography Lets fool around, its fun, its healthy and I surely do confuse you, it hankers you doesn't it?

Location Here

Interests Fan club member

Occupation Speculate please this is fun...Oh Please speculate.....

Bart, you clearly don’t know what ‘hanker’ means. Do you have a proper command of English? You’re a letter out for a proper description of yourself.

And no, you don’t confuse us at all. I’ve demonstrated before that you almost certainly have multiple personalities on CAG and that you only watch HFO threads. I believe you are also LOP and that you attempted to ‘join’ the Fan Club by pretending to have issues with HFO. LOP never did post his ‘story’ which was due to be earth-shattering.

Now that is confusing.

At least you’ve gotten rid of the Right Said Fred reference. That was really camp (and I hope you’re not in India at Validor, cos the government officially don’t like that kind of thing).

I don't think we did rec'd a claim, it might have gone to old address. We did get a herring and that's when we sent back the forms we our concerns on and explained that we could not attend because of work commitments. We also sent N244 form of at the same time to the court and hfo asking for this to be set aside.

the ccj is in hfo capital ltd, the letters were in hfo services and are now being chased by turnbull rutherford.

I have had a few experience with bailiff firms i.e Newlyn's, cap quest and a few others and know how to handle them but never dealt with these, i've got no copies of the paperwork apart from the recent one that has come from Turnbull. At the time this was happening i didnt care to much about paperwork but have learn't my lesson now.

i know this leaves me in the dark but just dont want to give in to them if i dont have to.

Thanks again for your help

Would love to help but as a Chelsea fan i cant :) However there are a good bunch the HFO fan club and im sure they will help you :) they done a great job for me, i just hang around and try to watch and learn good luck to you iamgooner Regards GH

:) HFO fan club member :) HFO V GLORYHUNTER ( WON ) :)

0 - 1

Hi everyone,

following a great weekend of being 2 nil down to win 5 - 2, you could say i'm on cloud 9 at the moment:-D.

Just wondered if there was anymore help on my situation?

Thanks

hope everyone else had a great weekend too.

What was the Judgement against you? I'm assuming that HFO received judgement in their favour and they have now contacted you in order to arrange for you to start making the payments set out in the judgement.

You'll have to forgive me, this isn't my area of expertise, but being able to be clear on the current situation will enable others to identify what your options are.

It doesn't sound fair that judgement was reached against you at a time when you were not properly able to defend, but without knowing the process of how that occured it's difficult to advise!

Hi everyone,

following a great weekend of being 2 nil down to win 5 - 2, you could say i'm on cloud 9 at the moment:-D.

Just wondered if there was anymore help on my situation?

Thanks

hope everyone else had a great weekend too.

You really ned to get hold of the General form of judgement or order N24 and a copy of the original claim form N1.What exactly did you ask the court to do in your set aside application.

US President Barack Obama referred to Ugland House as the biggest building in the world or the biggest tax SCA* in the world.