Big problem with Royal Mail - please help!!!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4290 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I wonder if anyone could help me to sort out a problem I am trying to help my Dad with.

He sold a mobile phone on ebay and the buyer was not happy so said he would send it back which was OK. The mobile was sent back but unfortunately during a time which my mum and dad were on holiday they were actually in the middle of the sea at the time it got delivered but amazingly someone signed for the parcel and now Royal Mail say it was delivered, I look on Royal Mails site and typed in the tracking number but the signature was just a squiggle I have been arguing on my dads behalf for a few weeks now but everytime we just get fobbed off with them saying that it was delivered to the address but when I say how because no one lives there other than mum and dad and at that time they were on a cruise in the middle of the ocean they don't seem interested.

The last letter we got said they were satisfied it was delivered and they were going to issue a dead code which I assume is to ignore us now, I even wrote to Adam Crozier but no reply from him.

If anyone can help we would be most appreciative.

Thanks - Joanne

• 4 months later...
Any help please????????

Hi, you have probably sorted this (hopefully) by now, but if not Copy and paste your experience into an email on Watchdog on the BBC website. (watchdog/gotastory/) - you can either complete the web form or there is a link to send them an email if you want to include attachments).

They have been doing a lot on them recently and the more complaints they get - the more likely they will get some investigators onto it.

Your parcel like 250 of mine has probably ended up being sold of at auction, making RM almost a million last year - ( I can't post links yet but if you go to the BBC site, there is an article /news /uk-politics-14785851 - or the heading is "How Much Does Royal Mail Maike From Undelivered Parcels?". When you see how much they are making from auctioning off undelivered items, along with postage paid, it's making them a fortune - no wonder they have recently announced that they are now in the black, there seems to be almost an incentive for them not to deliver. [edit]

Edited by dx100uk
please refrain fron libel comments - dx siteteam

• 1 month later...

I had an item sent to me signed for - but not by me or the other tenant! RM claimed it had been delivered, but it was only a £5 CD and not worth chasing. But to be fair, nearly everything I've ordered has been delivered - the failure rate for packets is less than 1 in 250, and for magazines - only two missing in 15 years (I get about 10 mags/papers/ month).