Global And Old LTSB credit card Debt

L1882
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2700 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

As you can imagine I'm here seeking help and advice. I hope I've put this in the correct forum - if not my apologies.

The reason for posting today is not about my current debt problems (I'm reading all the advice on that separately) but relates to a very old debt.

This morning I got a call on my work mobile.

The number was unavailable but that is not unusual for my work calls.

When I answered it the caller asked to speak to 'My First Name Only', when I queried he then used my full name.

I advised I was he, and he asked me to confirm some information, which I refused to do.

In short he used all the usual tricks these jokers try (data protection etc) but got little joy.

He did eventually say that he was representing LTSB over a a credit card debt.

He gave a fair amount of waffle about how I had signed a legal agreement,

about how the only reason the 'bailiffs' had not taken goods was because I'd moved without leaving a forwarding address.

The address they had was my fathers old address - he passed in 2005.

In the end he hung up saying he was sending me a text with their number and adivsed if he didn't have my address

by 5 today they would 'go to court' (not sure which address they'd serve papers to of course :) )

The debt they are after is 13 years old (at least).

I'm fairly sure I've had no communication with them on is since around 2000 - but at worst it would be 2004.

I'm not aware of any CCJ relating to it and having searched the relevant addresses can find no record of a CCJ.

Based on what I have read on here I believe these debts will be statute barred.

I wondered what my next best step is, ignore them or what?

I certainly have no intention of engaging in any telephone conversations with them and don't have any address to write to.

I'm half tempted to have some fun winding them up as I'm sure the debt cannot be enforced

and I'd be interested to see how desperate their threats get.

Its statute barred and Global seem to have bought a shed load of SB debts and are happy to bully and threaten people, bailiffs coming round ohhh thats a good one I like that, I'm wondering if admin might get a thread going with all Global seemingly nasty tactics.

I know my rights Mr DCA I'm with the CAG......hello hello where you gone Mr DCA8)

You could really do with closure on this, if it was me I would send the statute barred letter by recorded delivery....what a pity you couldn't record the conversation, if they call again and you are able to then DO record it - This is the template letter - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?408-Letter-sent-when-debt-is-statute-barred - keep us posted...

Just a quick update on this. As i have no correspondence other than a text demanding I call I decided to wait until they got back in touch. So far nothing, not a call, or text (unless they are trying my landline which I never answer).

Considering how persistent these guys usually are I'm surprised I've not heard more.

• 4 years later...
4 years on and not a lousy letter or a call - I might rip all their pictures off the wall!

Did you ever send them a Statute Barred letter.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Apart from the initial call I never heard another word from them, didn't have any details, wouldn't have known where to send anything. The least persistent parasites I've ever encountered.