More charges!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6443 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recently used all the help on this site & claimed back my bank charges from the Halifax for the charges in the past 6 years. Unfortunately (I know i'm asking for trouble), I went over my overdraft once more (although I paid in the same day I went over my overdraft but they tell me this doesn't matter it has to be the day before). I've subsequently had to pay more charges.

Can I claim these back also or should I just accept them because i've already claimed once before?

Hopefully somebody can help me out

Thanks

Scott

As thailand says claim again. Go through the same process as before. The law doesn't change just because you have claimed. It might however be worth on this occassion ringing them (record the call if you can, but make sure you are telling them you are doing so). Since taking action against Lloyds and Smile, I have managed to get subsequent charges reversed.

Lloyds TSB - £972

S.A.R, prelim and LBA sent

Claim acknowledged

Defence received

AQ 20/06/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 20/07/06***

Woolwich - £2288

S.A.R, prelim and LBA sent.

Offered half

Moneyclaim filed online 02/08/06

Judgement filed online 23/08/06

WARRANT FILED ONLINE 30/08/06

MONEY RECEIVED BY BALIFF 04/10/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 09/10/06***

Smile - £175

Pelim 23/06/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 07/07/06***

My Ex vs Woolwich - £715

S.A.R sent 30/08/06

Pelim 06/10/06

LBA 20/10/06

Advice & opinions provided are personal, and not endorsed by CAG or BAG, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I sent the standard request for charges to be paid back letter (the same one as I previuosly sent) & i've got a letter back saying as I accepted settlement for this compiant in May they're not going to consider my new request & see that this is the same compliant. SHould I have been more specific with the dates on my new claim? any suggestions what I should do now as I signed a letter to confirm settlement of my previous compliant but this document doesn't say I won't ever claim again?!

help :)

Thanks

Just proceed as before. Once the time of your first letter is up, send the second. Same process, same letters!

Lloyds TSB - £972

S.A.R, prelim and LBA sent

Claim acknowledged

Defence received

AQ 20/06/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 20/07/06***

Woolwich - £2288

S.A.R, prelim and LBA sent.

Offered half

Moneyclaim filed online 02/08/06

Judgement filed online 23/08/06

WARRANT FILED ONLINE 30/08/06

MONEY RECEIVED BY BALIFF 04/10/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 09/10/06***

Smile - £175

Pelim 23/06/06

***FULL SETTLEMENT RECEIVED 07/07/06***

My Ex vs Woolwich - £715

S.A.R sent 30/08/06

Pelim 06/10/06

LBA 20/10/06

Advice & opinions provided are personal, and not endorsed by CAG or BAG, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

SHould I have been more specific with the dates on my new claim?

If you sent the schedule of charges with your prelim offer, them you have been absolutely specific as to what charges you are refferring to.

I would personally adapt the first paragraph of the LBA when it's time to send it to reflect that 'in contradiction to your letter of blah blah, these charges did not form a part of any previous complaint(please see attached schedule of charges in question) and I would advise that this position is re-considerred'