Capital One refusing claim for sickness

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4403 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Any advice or similar experiences please!

When I was made redundant I was able to claim my PPI as a carer.

I did not have to sign on.

AXA paid off the outstanding balance in a lump sum and advised me I would not be able to claim again for twelve months.

I used the card since and have kept up payments to date including PPI.

I have now been diagnosed with cancer & they are refusing to meet claim as I never returned to work in between claims?? (apart from 10 days temp)

I was never told of any such condition & feel this is out of order as they have been taking PPI payments from me!

Cheers

Luluspice:-)

I will try and find some help for you.

Also relocating you to PPI forums :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

i would suggest you look at reclaiming the ppi as a whole

you'll get more back than what they will ever payout anyway

if you have all your statements

fill out the attached spreadsheet

if not sar them.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks for advice. Not sure if I could claim PPI back as already made a claim? Madness is why should Ii have to be in receipt of benefits in order to prove anything. What if I did not receive benefits due to other income.

I was made redundant and did not need to sign on as I am a carer, so they chose to pay out on my PPIunder carer criteria, now I amactually unable to return to work due to cancer I do not see why ihad to sign off then sign on again to qualify??? I am waiting on decision in writing...then they will hear from me!! lol:madgrin:

Hi

You can claim back mis-sold PPI even if a claim has been paid out under the policy. You just deduct what you have received from the total amount you are due.

ims

Surely the OP is better off if AXA pay off the debt rather than getting a PPI refund on the payments as the refund on the payments probably will not cover the debt?

Surely the OP is better off if AXA pay off the debt rather than getting a PPI refund on the payments as the refund on the payments probably will not cover the debt?

A couple of things though

1 AXA are refusing the claim and appear not to be paying out

2 Until the OP prepares some figures its impossible to say

ims

plus you'll find the ppi i bet does not cover the whole thing

they usually cover max 12mts

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi,

Just got letter from AXA advising that they are refusing my claim due to following exclusion:

Once you have received an amount equivelant to 12 monthly paymens for any one unemployment claim, you must return to work for at least

* Three consecutive months before you can claim again for unemployment.

* One month before you are able to claim under section F Accident and Sickness Cover

You have already received a maximum claim and have not returned to work We are therefor unable to consider this claim any further on this occassion.

I find this really bazzar. I sent them proof that I was my husbands carer and I was not signing on for that reason. My PPI was paid out under carer leave NOT unemployment. I see this claim as different circumstances.They took the PPI from me, did not advise me I could not claim again for any reason. Only told me I could not claim again for 12 months. So I guess in a way it was not fit for purpose (as in mis sold) Why would I pay PPI if I have to be working to claim on it - or am I being too logical? Just trying to compose a letter, any tips would be much appreciated.

I have no intention of getting stressed about it. Having cancer is a bigger deal!! I could just stop paying them anything, the worst they can do is put a default on my credit file, our home is up for sale, negative equity, only in hubbys name, no assets, no bailifs in Scotland, debt is only £900, cost them more to try to take action!!

i'd get reclaiming then that will upset them

dx

and they

• 1 month later...

Well, Capital one have finally replied & are sticking to their guns. Refuse to honour claim now I am no longer a care but am now sick -Also stating that as I have previously been paid out more than I have paid in premiums they will not refund payments made sinceI became a carer??? My point is I was told I could not claim again for twelve months, there was nomention of having to return to work. Being a carer is a taxable benefit, so there's a wee annomoly her I think?

Och well, I'll just keep harassing them for the hell of it :razz:

Hello luluspice

Did they ever send you a policy for the insurance? If so what does it say in there about claiming again on the policy?

Score Card

For myself, family and friends......

WIN! MBNA - £8,000 CC PPI + 3 months interest for delayed refund

WIN! RBS - £1,400 CC PPI + 4 months interest added for delayed refund (via FOS)

WIN! RBS - £150 BC (via FOS)

WIN! Creation - £575 Store card PPI + 3 months interest for delayed refund

WIN! Creation - £120 BC

WIN! Ikano - £795 Store Card PPI

WIN! CapitalOne - £1700 CC PPI

WIN! CapitalOne - £110 BC

WIN! HSBC - £2,850 CC PPI

WIN! RBS/MINT - £1,900 - CC PPI

WIN! Halifax - BC - £102

WIN! Barclaycard - £130 BC

Awaiting offer HSBC - MPPI (via FOS)

Awaiting final response Barclaycard - CC PPI

Awaiting final response Morgan Stanley - CC PPI

SAR sent HSBC - CC PPI + Loan PPI

SAR sent GE Money - Store Card PPI - not holding out much hope as very old account

the 12mts thing is quite typical

dx

and they

I was told could not claim again for another 12 months, which has well passed!

All they have sent me now is a copy of my Credit agreement No T&Cs for PPI. I read that they have admitted to not sending these to customers a few years ago, befor I opened account...but as we know history has a habit of repeating itself!!!

Just wondering how to challenge them on this basis. i.e You did not send me T&Cs so in effect mis sold??

Any tips folks?