Tax Credits Compliance Letter - SELF EMPLOYMENT - ** RESOLVED **

rainbo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4317 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Congratulations!

The fact that you got your stuff back after 10 days is astonishing. Supposing it took a day to reach them and another day to return, they then tend to take another seven to eight days to even register info and put anything into their system, never mind assess anything. This seems to me as if they have reached their target for self employed WTC claw backs, so 'rubber stamped' yours, so to speak - they simply never deal with things this fast normally.

An HMRC Compliance Officer confirmed to a welfare rights advisor that they were 'onto another project now' and wouldn't even discuss a self employed WTC investigation case. If that doesn't confirm that people have been unfairly targeted to satisfy the numbers set in their 'projects', I don't know what does!

Seems you were lucky to be selected in the closing stages of their 'project', rainbo. Good for you!

good news:-) Can you tell me pls....did they stop payment when they been checking your case? I didnt get any letter from HMRC but they stopped credit tax payment....

No, my payments continued. They only took 9 days to receive and check and return my stuff, so only 1 payment was due during that time, and was received by me.

Congratulations!

The fact that you got your stuff back after 10 days is astonishing. Supposing it took a day to reach them and another day to return, they then tend to take another seven to eight days to even register info and put anything into their system, never mind assess anything. This seems to me as if they have reached their target for self employed WTC claw backs, so 'rubber stamped' yours, so to speak - they simply never deal with things this fast normally.

An HMRC Compliance Officer confirmed to a welfare rights advisor that they were 'onto another project now' and wouldn't even discuss a self employed WTC investigation case. If that doesn't confirm that people have been unfairly targeted to satisfy the numbers set in their 'projects', I don't know what does!

Seems you were lucky to be selected in the closing stages of their 'project', rainbo. Good for you!

Thanks! YAY! :D

They kept the print out I did of my estimated hours, so perhaps they were just checking that I was indeed working the hours I said, and that I wasn't holding loads of undeclared dosh, and that I wasn't living with anyone else, etc etc...I do feel fast-tracked LOL

Thanks all - mods you can mark this as RESOLVED now :whoo:

Hello there. I happened to notice this, so will amend the title. If you need the site team again, please use the black triangle at the bottom of your post and this will automatically go to the team.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks! YAY! :D

They kept the print out I did of my estimated hours, so perhaps they were just checking that I was indeed working the hours I said, and that I wasn't holding loads of undeclared dosh, and that I wasn't living with anyone else, etc etc...I do feel fast-tracked LOL

Exactly, rainbo - they never fast track anyone, they simply didn't assess your case, they rubber stamped it without actually investigating (they cannot have done anything in that time scale), because, as they said, that particular project has ended now!

• 4 months later...