Carphone Warehouse issued me a default by mistake! Can I claim compensation?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4505 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys me again,

I noticed on my credit report that Carphone Warehouse issued me a default a couple of years ago.

I emailed the CEO today and requested that they send me a true signed copy of the original default notice as I had never received now.

They have now stated that the default was issued by mistake.... They have said that they are going to remove the default.

What I want to know is can I claim compensation for their mistake?

Here is their response:

I have spoken with our credit file team and confirmed what this default was added for.

After I have completed my investigations I confirmed that this default has been added incorrectly. his was due to the delay in adding the credit offered from September 2009 when you processed the iPhone sale instore and received missadvice that you could use the original SIM in the iPhone handset.

As such I have had our credit file team remove this account from your file, the default and late payment marks have been completely removed from the file. The amendments may take upto 2 days to show on the file itself.

I apologise for the inconvenience that this may have caused you and hope that these actions go some way towards restoring your faith in Carphone Warehouse.

If you have any further questions then please let me know.

Hi, to claim anything you will need tangible proof

that the entry has caused you some loss or difficulty

perhaps in obtaining credit facilities etc.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

I can never get credit cards, only the ridiculously high interest ones, store cards, or loans....

However I don't have any proof as such to show this.

I did rent a house with my partner and they did a credit check on me and I was not allowed to be on the tenancy because of the credit rating, so It had to be under my partners and my mums name. I could probably get some sort of proof of this from the estate agent....

I just think its so bad that these companies can just go round issuing defaults (by mistake) and by doing that it can really mess up peoples live like buying a house or getting credit etc. Makes me so angry..

You could try injured feelings, embarassment being

told you could not be on a tenancy agreement, for

a gesture of goodwill you will settle for £500.00 .

Mention that you have been advised to complain to

the OFT and ICO.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide: