Deceased Tag on bank Account

MJMW
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4413 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Santander blocked all my wife's on line banking and stopped her debit card.When asked why they said a" deceased tag" had been placed on her account. They subsequently returned cheques marked " drawer deceased".

My wife is alive and kicking! Can anyone tell me if this action by Santander IS LEGAL without a death certificate?

Hi and welcome to CAG.

I don't think legal comes into it.

Very distressing would be the first thing that came to mind followed by absolute anger.

This requires a 'Formal Complaint'

Santan'DURR' will no doubt blame a computer error but it takes someone to input the code to make it a computer error

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

• 2 months later...

This happened to me last year. I had Power of Attorney over my father's account and was told one day that it had ceased because he was dead. I told them that he was alive and well an hour earlier and asked how to correct it. I was referred to their "Bereavement" department and told to phone them.

After almost a week of fruitless phone calls I was told to take him to a branch to prove that he was alive. This would involve me in a 250-mile round trip (taking 6 hours) and a lot of expense in fuel, for which they compensated me with £50.

Now my father has really died, will I have to take him in to a branch to prove his death?

Edited by malcolmchisholm
Spelling mistakes

This happened to me last year. I had Power of Attorney over my father's account and was told one day that it had ceased because he was dead. I told them that he was alive and well an hour earlier and asked how to correct it. I was referred to their "Bereavement" department and told to phone them.

After almost a week of fruitless phone calls I was told to take him to a branch to prove that he was alive. This would involve me in a 250-mile round trip (taking 6 hours) and a lot of expense in fuel, for which they compensated me with £50.

Now my father has really died, will I have to take him in to a branch to prove his death?

Hi

It is very hard to reply dead pan but if you have him cremated, you could take the ashes in and show them

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE