Executor duties

Rogstar
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4517 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My brother and I were appointed as joint executors of my mothers will. My brother is (mainly due to geographical and time constraints) carrying out most of the administration and recently requested that I write a letter making him sole executor “To save time getting documents signed by both of us”. My question is, do both executors have to sign all documents, or can we designate that one can sign with the other remaining to simply monitor the progress and view documents if requested by other members of the family (Four brothers in total)

I trust my brother, but having seen some of the horror stories in the forum feel it would be a good idea to retain some control.

Is there a standard form or letter to cover this situation?

Thanks in advance

Just answered my own question!

Form PA1, Section A6. Select option "C"

The executor does not wish to apply for probate now but wishes to reserve the right to act as executor in the future if necessary – this option is referred to as having "power reserved"

Covers all bases!

Could not see ANY reason for selecting "D"

The executor does not wish to apply for probate at all. This is referred to as "renouncing". It means that they gives up all their rights to act as executor