Account Closure

Joons2
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6447 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have starteda claim to recover overdraft fees but I ma worried that HSBC might attempt to close my account. I have an overdraft with them and still require this.

Do they normally close peoples account or cancel their overdrafts?

Would be very grateful for peoples thoughts as a little concerned as don't know what I will do if they ask for repayment of the overdraft.

its been known for them to withdraw your overdraft facility but personally if they did that to me i would bombard the chairmen and whoever else with letters to make sure it didnt happen. (dont know how successful i'd be though!)

they only tend to close accounts if you make more than one claim. be it for more than one account or more than one claim on the same account so i think you'd be fine.

have a look at jamesrouse. he did a great job arguing at the top.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/hsbc-bank/12181-jamesrouse-hsbc.html

eitherway, dont let anything put you off of reclaiming what is rightfully yours. they have stolen it from you and u deserve to get it back.

Good luck

xx

Kaz :)

HSBC

claiming £2749 (£3400 with court cost & 8%)

mcol acknowledge 25/09/06

DG requested breakdown 5/10/06

Breakdown sent to DG 12/10/06

Yes Car Credit/Direct Auto Finance

CCA request sent 18/10/06

Whilst my aim is to be helpful, its reasonable to assume I am not a professional and am (dare I say) not always right. Seek professional help if in doubt

:-D

:lol: If i have intentionally or accidently said something of relevance or use to you, please click the scales:lol:

"A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair weather and ask for it back when it begins to rain". - Robert Frost

Hi Joons2,

I to am worried about closure of my account, so I opened a parachute account and did some phoning. I ended up with the Financial Ombudsman's number and this is the advise they gave me:

• If they decide to close your account write back to say you are unhappy with the decision and you will be making a formal complaint about the closure.
  • Wait for a reply which will come quit quickly
  • Phone the F.O back and they will investigate the matter.

Phone number is: 0845 080 1800

They may not be able to do anything but hope this helps. (They have been inundated with calls about bank charges so you never know)

Steevo.

Prelim - sent 13/09/06 first class - £3,294.24 + Int. (first half)