Wonga agreemet. Help needed.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4486 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I didnt have enough money on my debit card at the date I promised to repay wonga and now my loan is overdue. I have e-mailed them, but did not receive any response yet. I want to look up what penalties are described in the agreement, but it seems Ive accidentally deleted it :sad:, so if any of you have a saved copy of it, please post it here.

Hi there,

I am in the same ship as you I currently owe them 9**pound.8** was the loan and 1** interest.My payment was due today but i didnt had the funds available.I emailed them on [email protected] and [email protected] explaining my current situation.I got same day email back stating that they accept my repayment plan.I asked if i could pay in 10 months and the allowed me to pay in 12 months.They helped me out friendly and without being a pain.I was quite surprised actually.They advised me to reply soon cause of the interest charges.All they cahrged is an extra 20 pound for not paying the loan off.

As long you stay polite and explain ur situation it wont be difficult.

Regards,

Just wondering if you could help me. I just registered to Wonga.com as I'm really short on cash....submitted my address etc but when it came to entering my bank details I daren't do it because I don't think I'm going to be able to afford to pay it back. I don't want any of my family members to know that I had considered using Wonga.com because they don't realise how short of cash I am. Are Wonga.com likely to send me anything through the post now I registered and they have my address? even though I didn't carry on to enter my bank details? If so what colour will the letter be so I know to quickly dispose of the letter when it comes through the post! Any help from someone who has used the service before would be great, thanks!

Just wondering if you could help me. I just registered to Wonga.com as I'm really short on cash....submitted my address etc but when it came to entering my bank details I daren't do it because I don't think I'm going to be able to afford to pay it back. I don't want any of my family members to know that I had considered using Wonga.com because they don't realise how short of cash I am. Are Wonga.com likely to send me anything through the post now I registered and they have my address? even though I didn't carry on to enter my bank details? If so what colour will the letter be so I know to quickly dispose of the letter when it comes through the post! Any help from someone who has used the service before would be great, thanks![/quote

They dont send anything through post unless you default on their loan but as soon u know u wont be able to repay you should get with them in touch n setup a plan wich will be via email.the chance that they send u a letter through post after that is minimum.

Regards

• 2 weeks later...
Just wondering if you could help me. I just registered to Wonga.com as I'm really short on cash....submitted my address etc but when it came to entering my bank details I daren't do it because I don't think I'm going to be able to afford to pay it back. I don't want any of my family members to know that I had considered using Wonga.com because they don't realise how short of cash I am. Are Wonga.com likely to send me anything through the post now I registered and they have my address? even though I didn't carry on to enter my bank details? If so what colour will the letter be so I know to quickly dispose of the letter when it comes through the post! Any help from someone who has used the service before would be great, thanks!

Sorry.. but if you know you can't pay them back why would you get a loan in the first place? Therefore effectively knowing you'll end up in debt? Can't you ask your family for a loan?

• 1 month later...

it'a a shame grapegirl never came back - I must say her thread was a peculiar one, in that she knew she would default but was more worried that other family members would know she went to Wonga. In fact I made a guess from a few things that she was quiet young and to me that is a shame as it shows how society fails to educate the young properly on how to hand our finances. EDIT me being one of those who were never "shown the way" lol

Funny I read it that Grapegirl actually wised up and ran (didn't take the loan) but was concerned about family seeing mail totally understandable (debt can split husband and wife and whole families up and lots of other awful things you know)perhaps this is another of my posts that will disappear!!

Happy to share my experience but for your own protection, please check and double check what myself and other Caggers inform

“Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.”

:-)

Funny I read it that Grapegirl actually wised up and ran (didn't take the loan) but was concerned about family seeing mail totally understandable (debt can split husband and wife and whole families up and lots of other awful things you know)perhaps this is another of my posts that will disappear!!

I was never questioning why she never came back, I said it was a shame she never came back. We all wonder how these things turned out, it's sometimes nice to know from the person themselves the outcome, but of course this cannot always happen. Neither did I underestimate the issues that spring up between us and our loved ones when we have these problems. What I meant, and I'm guessing you misinterpreted what that was, is that some of us become carried away with the worry of what others may think about our debts rather than the main issue, which is of course the debts themselves. We've all done it, Even now I hide my debt issues from some of my loved ones, but it's not exactly perfect is it?

I'm sorry I'd actually posted a previous response on this thread to direct Grapegirl to the Mail Preference Service straight after the inital post which now seems to have vanished lol !, to which there was a reply of ty.

I guess I'm lucky in that I don't live with family members so they don't see my post so at the moment so it is my decision not to tell and they need not know cause I feel I'm getting on top of it all, having witnessed first hand when younger, what I wrote in my last post yesterday which is why people are so distressed/worried when it comes to receiving mail if they cannot tell for fear of all sorts happening.

Edited by asmilecostsnothing
word removal

Happy to share my experience but for your own protection, please check and double check what myself and other Caggers inform

I do know what you are saying about becoming transfixed/thinking only about our debt problems

the more I've dealt with this, the worse it's got in fact it's feels like it's been a lot like opening pandora's box

x