LLoyd charges court claim inssued - **WON OOC Settlement**

BreadAndButter
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6309 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have the letter ready, i have all my bank statements, but what do I send with a backup of the charge dates and ammounts?

Should I write them all in a spreadsheet and send that with my letter or do i need to send all 250 sheets of my statements with things circled?

I dont have a total summary of charges from my bank, just my statements which all arrived yesterday (26 envelopes worth!)

I have the letter ready, i have all my bank statements, but what do I send with a backup of the charge dates and ammounts?

Should I write them all in a spreadsheet and send that with my letter or do i need to send all 250 sheets of my statements with things circled?

I dont have a total summary of charges from my bank, just my statements which all arrived yesterday (26 envelopes worth!)

Download the spreadsheet from the library, pop all the information in, and send your letter with a copy of the spreadsheet.

Sure someone will be along here shortly to explain it in more detail, and to say you should really read the instructions first ;)

If my reply or advice was helpful, please click the scales!

-------

DISCLAIMER: My opinions are strictly personal, and should not be taken as a substitute for individual professional legal advice on your own particular situation.

-------

-------

DISCLAIMER: My opinions are strictly personal, and should not be taken as a substitute for individual professional legal advice on your own particular situation.

-------

Thanks, there was confusion because the spreadsheet I found on the main page said in big red letters not to use unless you are filing for a claim, I'm not hitting the claims court yet im just requesting refund of my fees.

I used the spreadsheet but when I printed it, in Excel I hid the columns to do with interest and days since offence.

-------

-------

So, do i send this spreadsheet with my first letter (i know my total charges ammount) or do i use the spreadsheet when im going to court?

Im confused because at the end of the preliminary letter it says "Dont forget to include your schedule of charges with your letter!" .... i just have my statements so i presume i send them a spreadsheet with the breakdown of when and what i was charged

That is the best thing to do, you're correct RugbyPete. I have to admit to erm, forgetting *cough* to do so myself - there's been no comeback, but If it comes to it I have the spreadsheet together ready to print off and send to either the court and/or Martineau Johnson (Lloyds Solicitor) if necessary.

Edit: A copy of the spreadsheet with the Preliminary Approach, might want to put a comment about it in your letter.

reload vs Lloyds - £2703.11 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload vs Lloyds Round 2 - Prelim sent 27/03/07. £435 owed.

reload vs Capital One - £456.57 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload's mum vs Barclays - £745 owed. £375 partial settlement reached 17/10/06.

Lloyds Bank - The Template Response Letters!

Advice & opinions of reload are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. Please use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

So, do i send this spreadsheet with my first letter (i know my total charges ammount) or do i use the spreadsheet when im going to court?

Im confused because at the end of the preliminary letter it says "Dont forget to include your schedule of charges with your letter!" .... i just have my statements so i presume i send them a spreadsheet with the breakdown of when and what i was charged

OK, here's how I did it.

I put every single charge, date, statement page/sheet no, etc down on that spreadsheet. In columns F & G it worked out the days since offence and Interest at 8% APR. Ignore those two columns for the moment, that's for use if you have to take court action.

When it comes to writing your prelim letter, get your spreadsheet in Excel, select columns F & G, and hide them (Format > Column > Hide from the menu). Then print it off. That should give you a list of charges showing sheet, the charge description, amount, and the date. That's your schedule of charges.

Hope that helps :)

-------

-------

• 1 month later...

Looks like Im going to have to report Lloyds to the ICO for breech of data protection act as they have gone over the 40 day period and totally ignored my request.

I have however just recieved another £80 charge, so they're happy to rape my account and not pay me a cent.

Are they doing this as a strategy to delay the process so they can get a new legislation in? Im looking at the ICO complaint form and it says they usually do not contact a company unless no response has exceeded one year (ie. not 40 days)...

If I have to wait a year, and everyone else, we may not be able to get our money back if something comes into play before then.

Could this be their way of getting out of it??

Go to the Template Library and use the letters in there to force compliance with the DPA. I am sure that this is not a tactic of any kind, merely incompetence by your branch or by Lloyds themselves.

iGroup (GE Money) - AoS Filed late, defence late, amended defence also late despite extra time requested and granted.

Vanquis - Claim issued, no AoS or Defence received

Hi Rugbypete,

No I don’t think it is a strategy and as far as I know, you should go ahead and report them if they have surpassed the 40 day limit. The one thing to note though, did you send them a payment for your request of £10 as they do not have to do anything until they get the payment. Though they would normally let you know and request the payment.

Good Luck...

DJ Tazzz

The information I provide in replies on this site are drawn from this site and a few other external sources. I acknowledge all parties the information maybe drawn from and offer my advice and assistance freely without guarantee and risk of liability.

No, I sent no money. I've only just spotted a few people handing in cash for the requests.

I'm wishing I sent it via recorded delivery too, otherwise I'm going to have to wait another 40 days I presume?

Either way they haven't contacted me to say "yeah, we'll do it, just give us £10 admin fee" they've just ignored me totally.

I think I'll start again, and send another letter and a cheaque, darn it

I think that if you send a new letter and mention that you forgot to include the payment in the originally request and pay for the new request, you should receive your information fairly quickly. Not too worry though it can be an easy mistake to make.

DJ Tazzz

The information I provide in replies on this site are drawn from this site and a few other external sources. I acknowledge all parties the information maybe drawn from and offer my advice and assistance freely without guarantee and risk of liability.

The 40 days they have to comply starts from when they recieve your £10 or authorisation from you for them to debit it from your account.

Can you please also take a look at this http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloyds-bank/announcement-some-people-making-mistakes.html

When you want to fool the world, tell the truth. :D

Advice & opinions of Janet-M are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any

doubts.

• 4 weeks later...

It is apparent that the Lloyds TSB callcentres and staff have been informed by management to send the detailed breakdown of all charges to the account holder 40 days AFTER the £10 admin charge has been paid NOT the date of initial request.

This as you know is a breach of the data protection act, and so are misinforming their staff, delaying the process, buying time. They also delay asking for the £10 admin fee for about 30 days, hoping they will buy 70 days total and possibly lose your interest in claiming.

I have just had to manually chase on the telephone for my requested data, and it will be sent out as a priority after threatening legal action verbally.

Be warned.

• 2 weeks later...

When requesting my fees back, am I saying "you screwed me over, give me back EVERY charge you have applied to my account"

or

"I screwed up on these specific charges, however they are excessive and I want them refunding in full. All other charges are fine"

I have lots of "account charge" entries on my account you see, anything from monthly account costs (bonus features like mobile cover and AA) on my data protection act request. I understand interest isnt added unless we get ready for court.

Thanks.

When requesting my fees back, am I saying "you screwed me over, give me back EVERY charge you have applied to my account"

or

"I screwed up on these specific charges, however they are excessive and I want them refunding in full. All other charges are fine"

I have lots of "account charge" entries on my account you see, anything from monthly account costs (bonus features like mobile cover and AA) on my data protection act request. I understand interest isnt added unless we get ready for court.

Thanks.

Spend a lot of time reading more of the threads on here and all will become clear - make notes if you need to get stuff straight in your head as there is a lot of it.

Basically, what you are claiming are only those charges that have been unlawfully applied to your account. These are things such as charges for things like unauthorised OD's, bouncing cheques and refused DD's. Charges for things like payment protection or a regular charge just for having the account are not unlawful. Ask your self, "is this a charge for a legitimate service, or is it a penalty because I've been naughty?". If it's the latter then it's probably unlawful.

P.

Northern Rock; S.A.R sent 11/8/06 - Delivered. Recieved details of 6 yrs charges on 8th. Wrote back asking whether or not they hold information going back further than that.

MBNA; S.A.R sent 11/8/06 - Delivered 14/8/06

Barclays; S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) request sent 11/8/06 - Del 14/8/06

Diners Club; S.A.R sent 11/8/06 - Delivered 14/8/06. Recieved form to fill and return with fee on 17/8/06. Sent form back, delivered 4/9/06.

Intelligent Finance; Prelim letter emailed 16/08/06, claiming £318. Email recieved from "Anne-Marie" 17/8/06 saying my email has been passed to Customer Relations dept. Fob-off letter received 23/8/06, letter sent in return same day - Delivered 24/8/6 Recieved letter offer 25% settelement - refused - LBA sent. MCOL on 10th revcieved notification that they intend to defend on 13th. 06/9/2006 WON!!!!!!

Hi Pete, welcome to the forums.

In addition to the unlawful charges, you can also claim back debit interest which the bank has levied on the unlawful charges.

This can be a bit of a pig to work out and as it usually only represents a small percentage of the total, a lot of people don't bother with it. If you decide to pursue it, then the easiest way is to download a spreadsheet template from the templates library. There are a number available, from simple to advanced and for different formats.

Click the link.........

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/182-interest-calculation-spreadsheets.html

When you actually commence the legal action, you can also claim 8% interest under S.69.

An alternative to the 8% figure is interest at the contractual rate, which is much higher.

For information on contractual-rate interest, click on this link......

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/18313-why-no-one-claiming.html

This is a self-help forum........ make sure that you read the FAQs.

Good luck with your claim.

If this has been useful to you, please click on the scales at bottom left of post. Thanks.

Advice & opinions of Rooster-UK are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Please use your own judgment.

-------------------------------------------------------

LOOK! Free CAG Toolbar.

Follow link for more information.

------------------------------------------------------

Please donate,

Help us to help others.

LINKS....

Forum Rules.

FAQs....

• 5 weeks later...

The deadlines have passed, they haven't sent one letter since I started this game, its now time to get legal.

I had to RING THEM UP to get my statement of charges weeks ago, they then tried to pull a fast one on me saying (even though Id waited 4 weeks) that they would send it out within 4 weeks of being paid an admin fee. I told them to sod right off, its fromt he date of first contact not payment, and that Im gonna get legal.

Sure enough the docs arrived next day.

So, next letter was, as you know, "thanks for the statement, now give me £X back, you have 14 days" - nothing. Not a sorry letter, nothing.

So two weeks on its claims court time.... on with the battle

I received a letter the day after my 14 day deadline of my preliminary approach for payment saying "We are really sorry you are dissappointed with the service our bank ha sprovided. May we assure you we are investigating this matter in great detail for you and will get back to you with a resolution within 14 days"

Thing is, it was time for me to send the next letter saying "You've got 14 days or we are in court"

Do i wait for a reolution or send the letter thretening court anyway? They could just be buying time...

Stick to your timeline RugbyPete - not the banks.

reload vs Lloyds - £2703.11 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload vs Lloyds Round 2 - Prelim sent 27/03/07. £435 owed.

reload vs Capital One - £456.57 Settlement Reached 14/07/06.

reload's mum vs Barclays - £745 owed. £375 partial settlement reached 17/10/06.

Lloyds Bank - The Template Response Letters!

Advice & opinions of reload are offered informally, without prejudice and without liability. Please use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.