One Call insurance and Judgement Order Listings

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4544 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi forums,

A friend of mine had her car insurance with One Call, but decided to end the account after she sold her vehicle on October 23rd this year, 2 months short of the insurance year ending. She no longer has the details of her insurance policy, so i can't read or put the finer details of her policy up here, so no sure what type of case she has. One Call insisted she still owed the £50.15 that was outstanding, but my friend disputes this as she no longer has the vehicle. She was contacted via letter by One Call a couple of times asking for payment, but she ignored them. Then One Call has obviously sold the 'debt' to a DCA called Judgement Order Listings. Less than a month after her car was sold JOL sent her this letter :-

Judgement PO Box 576, Doncaster DN1 1XW.

Payments : jol.onecalldirect.co.uk

Order Tel: 0844 248 7000

Listings

Mx xxxx xxxxxxxxx

Our Ref: LISTINGS/AOO/xxxxxxxx/x 22nd November 2011

Dear Mx xxxxxxxxx

RE: One Call Insurance Outstanding Account

Our client, One Call Insurance, has requested that we contact you about your unpaid account of £75.15. As a result, we have included a handling fee of £25.00 to the above amount and are now responsible for the collection of this debt. Any query you have relating to this debt must now be directed to ourselves as One Call have given you several opportunities to settle this balance and discuss any query with them without success.

To resolve this matter and avoid any further action, you should choose one of the following payment options and respond to us within 7 days from the date of this letter.

Option 1 - Payment in full by post

Please send in your full payment by cheque or postal order made payable to Judgement Order Listings using the enclosed pre paid envelope.

Option 2 - Payment in full by Credit or Debit Card

Please contact us by telephone on 0844 2487000 to make a payment to one of our processors.

Option 3 - Payment online

Visit our online payment facility @ www.jol.onecall.ws& follow the simple online instructions using your Credit or Debit Card. Be sure to quote the reference number shown above.

Option 4 - Payment plan by standing order

We also offer the option to pay the outstanding balance by standing order over 24 months. We have attached a standing order form with this letter for you to complete should you choose this payment option.

If none of these payment options are suitable but you would like to discuss an alternative payment plan, then please call us within 7 days and one of our advisors will be pleased to assist you.

An account administrator will review your account after seven days and we must stress the importance of resolving this matter by this date.

Yours Sincerely

Mrs B Ash

Debt Recovery Department

A couple things here, they refer to the unpaid account as being £75.15, when it's £50.15, and they are adding a further £25. Also my friend says she was only contacted twice by One Call. They also enclosed a standing order stating she could pay £3.13 over 24 months.

I wrote a letter stating my friend was disputing the that she still had to pay the last 2 months of her insurance and was refusing to accept extra charges by of £25 by JOL. Yesterday she received 2 further letters, the first was in response to the letter i wrote.

Mx x xxxxxxxxx

1st December 2011

RE: Outstanding Debt

Thank you for your recent letter dated 24/11/2011. We have been instructed by One Call Insurance Services Ltd to collect an outstanding balance on their behalf for an insurance policy that was provided. If you are disputing this balance we recommend that you contact One Call Insurance:-

Email Address: [email protected]

One Call Ltd| Saturn| First Point| Balby Carr Bank| Doncaster| South Yorkshire| DN4 5JQ|UK

Phone Number: 0845 344 02 34

If you have any queries please contact our office on the above number.

Yours Sincerely

Recovery Department

The same day this letter arrived dated 2nd Dec :-

Dear xx xxxxxxxxx

RE: One Call Insurance Outstanding Account

Despite our recent letter sent to you regarding your current outstanding account with us and the options of clearing this debt, you have chosen not to contact us leaving us with no alternative but to take the following action.

We have searched your personal credit history and have recorded that debt collectors are now pursuing you for money. The above debt has now had interest and a recovery charge added to it of £27.00. This charge will only be removed if your debt is paid within Seven Days using the payment options offered to you in our first communication.

It is essential that you resolve the debt issue as failure to do so may result in a review of these other debts. If you pay the debt of £102.15 no further action will be taken. If the debt remains unpaid, details may be entered on a credit reference database. Other companies you may wish to do business with will have access to this information. Additional, details of your debt may be shared amongst our clients wuthin the insurance industry. This may result in future insurance proposals being declined, for both motor and hosehold policies. Any current installment plans may also be withdrawn.

If you cannot pay in full please telephone this office immediately on 0844 2487000

Yours Sincerely

Mrs Beth Ash

Debt Recovery Department

Now, firstly they say she hasn't chosen to contact them, she HAS via my letter the thick chunts. Also the letter is dated 2nd Dec, she received it on the 5th Dec, so are they going to add more interest on the 9th, again not giving enough time to respond. I find this letter threatening and provocative and feel she shouldn't be threatened with details of her previous credit history. My friend is anxious and is contemplating contacting One Call to pay the initial £50.15, but is refusing to pay JOL.

Can the forums please help?

Sincerely

lincs

Hi, this is quite common for insurance paid in installments. Usually when you change car you port your insurance. Just because you sell the car doesn't mean you stop paying the insurance. This sounds about right to me for a couple of months lef to run (it is usually spread out over 10 months) but it will be clear in the T&Cs that she no longer has. If she contacts the insurance company they should be able to send her the T&Cs but it 'sounds' valid to me.

Hi, this is quite common for insurance paid in installments. Usually when you change car you port your insurance. Just because you sell the car doesn't mean you stop paying the insurance. This sounds about right to me for a couple of months lef to run (it is usually spread out over 10 months) but it will be clear in the T&Cs that she no longer has. If she contacts the insurance company they should be able to send her the T&Cs but it 'sounds' valid to me.

Thanks broke, i think she's going to pay the £50.15, One Call is allowing to do so. Strange though ain't it, One Call and JOL both being from Doncaster, hmmm.

I would think JOL are their 'in house' collections team.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert