Advantage Finance - HP Car failed after 1yrs - still paying - HELP

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3503 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

if they gave you anything it would be listed

these firms collect vehicles only they don't 'pay out'

its not like we buy anycar etc

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

why not ask them

if you were given something for the car

would this have been mentioned on the cert by way of receipt

what is your [their] usual practice

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry been away for a couple of days.. Little update.

Email I sent to FOS:

Lesley,

Just to let you know that I have been in touch with "Car Take Back" who stated that they only are required to send out the Certificate Of Destruction (which is the scrappage certificate) and will send something through to me direct.

The do not hold any information regarding any other paper work or receipts and I will have to go directly to the company whom collected the vehicle.

She also stated that prior to the change in laws regarding scrap metal, records where not required so I may face a battle obtaining any information other than the DVLA s Certificate Of Destruction.

But I will keep you posted.

In addition to this on a consumer website it was noted that if anything was received it should be recorded on the bottom of the Certificate Of Destruction.

As you can see that there is nothing stated

Her Reply:

Thank you for your email. It may be useful to have a receipt from the company who took the vehicle away for the Ombudsman to consider the points you have made when they investigate the case afresh.

As I have said previously, it is usually possible to obtain some payment whatever the state of the vehicle so it may be that you would be treated as having some payment even if you did not (i.e. it may have been possible to mitigate your loss to some degree), but this will all be considered by the Ombudsman before a final response is issued.

I shall today issue separate letters to you advising the case will now go to an Ombudsman to consider and you will have 21 days to provide any further information to support your case.

I've been unable to get hold of the company who collected the vehicle - have left voicemails.

Did speak to a local scrapman who said back then there would of been no need for reciepts + the firm you organsied it with would have all info not the collector. Oh and they only give a Certificate of Destruction.

Today I've received letter confirming it being assigned to the ombudsman and if have any further points or information to send them through to her by the 9th April.

• 2 months later...

after her initial findings it was always going to be an uphill battle, great shame but I suppose at least you beat them as regards the charges and insurances, and they at last accepted your vt date, the sticking point was always going to be the car value shame we could not find a way round that, though I'm suprised the fos accepted the highest of afs various values

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

• 3 months later...
Hi there i am currently in battle with advantage as well and they are refusing to give me their bank account details do you still have them ?

I do - but Dont pay them anything if your having problems with them -- Create a new thread and tell your story & problems..

its here ads

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?433316-advantage-car-finance-changes-and-mis-sold-insurance

pointed them to you

knew you'd respond

dx

and they