newbie want to do ppi but unsure where to even begin

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4502 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there

Any advice appreciated I have literally just discovered this forum. We (hubby and I) may have about 6 ppi claims. We'd like to put this into the hands of a company to deal with where there are no up front charges and no win no fee so less hassle for us really. We have some papers but not all of them. It's just over 5 years ago but we were paying literally hundreds every month on credit cards and loans with different people eg lloyds, barclays, RSB, Capital 1.

I'm just worried we may get charged by an ireputable company so who do we know who we can trust? Is there anyone out there who can give us good feedback on a firm they have used please? Any advice appreciated we are aware we need to get the ball rolling to be in the itmescale to be able to claim but are just worried about it.

Boston

x

Hi

Welcome to CAG

Firstly, there is no time limit on PPI claims so don't worry about that.

I would recommend you steer well clear of the claims companies that advertise on TV....they will do nothing for you that you cannot do yourself. AND they will charge you anywhere between 25 and 35% of any oney they get back for you (plus VAT).

If you haven't got all of your statements, agreements etc., start by sending a subject access request (SAR) to each lender. The cost is £10 and it will yield all of the information they hold on you. Ther is a template for a SAR in the CAG library, the link to which is at the top of every CAG page in green. They will have 40 days to comply.

In the meantime have a read around the PPI forum to get an idea of what is invloved and also have a read of the case study PDFs on the fos website.

We can help you with all of your claims for free.

ims

Hi ims thank you and please can you tell me - if I have some account information but not enough to do full workings out to put an amount in the letters, is it still ok to send the request with what information I do have and leave it to them as to how much they pay out or is it better to do a SAR eg with the TSB we had several credit cards and several loans? With the other companies though we have the account numbers but are unable to work out the exact amount so is it ok to leave the amount out and let them work it out? many thanks

Boston

hello I am new to all of this. Can I say well done to anyone who has had a successful ppi claim. My husband and I previously had several credit cards and loans and 2 mortgages. I don't have all the paperwork. I know some of the account nos for the TSB (for husband and I)but not all we had credit cards loans and 2 mortgages with them. I will apply for a SAR from the TSB. For the others, I have most of the account nos but not enoough info to work out how much to ask for - is it sufficient that I have the account nos please or do I need a SAR for each one to ensure I get all that i may be owed?

If things were in both hubbys name and mine some were separate is it £10 for each SAR for each of us so £20 if it involved both of us? Sorry to sound thick any advice really appreciated I think we could be owed a lot of money. My husband wants to get a claims company to handle it so I dont get stressed but I believe I'd be better off handling this myself.

We were previously in an IVA we have successfully completed this and have had the completion certificate for some time so now would be a good time to go for PPI, especially as we always were lead to believe thaat if we did not take it out we would not get the credit and if it were not for that we would have been able to pay all of our bills for a lot longer we were paying literally a few hundred plus every month on these things and that's just what I can remember.

Also, what about a debt that got sold on eg from Barclays to Maxrecovery, do i still write to Barclaycard?

Sorry for so many question but there are so many of you who can help me and any info or advice appreciated. Do you really think I may have a claim(s)? Can I really do this? Will it cost me anything other than for the SARs please? Absolutely any info at all welcomed I am totally ignorant on this issue. many thanks anyone.

When I read about people going to Court this worries me, when would this happen?

sorry if this post should be elsewhere hoping someone can move it for me.

Boston

Edited by bostonteaparty

Re: PPI Successes

hello I am new to all of this. Can I say well done to anyone who has had a successful ppi claim. My husband and I previously had several credit cards and loans and 2 mortgages. I don't have all the paperwork. I know some of the account nos for the TSB (for husband and I)but not all we had credit cards loans and 2 mortgages with them. I will apply for a SAR from the TSB. For the others, I have most of the account nos but not enoough info to work out how much to ask for - is it sufficient that I have the account nos please or do I need a SAR for each one to ensure I get all that i may be owed?

If things were in both hubbys name and mine some were separate is it £10 for each SAR for each of us so £20 if it involved both of us? Sorry to sound thick any advice really appreciated I think we could be owed a lot of money. My husband wants to get a claims company to handle it so I dont get stressed but I believe I'd be better off handling this myself.

We were previously in an IVA we have successfully completed this and have had the completion certificate for some time so now would be a good time to go for PPI, especially as we always were lead to believe thaat if we did not take it out we would not get the credit and if it were not for that we would have been able to pay all of our bills for a lot longer we were paying literally a few hundred plus every month on these things and that's just what I can remember.

Also, what about a debt that got sold on eg from Barclays to Maxrecovery, do i still write to Barclaycard?

Sorry for so many question but there are so many of you who can help me and any info or advice appreciated. Do you really think I may have a claim(s)? Can I really do this? Will it cost me anything other than for the SARs please? Absolutely any info at all welcomed I am totally ignorant on this issue. many thanks anyone.

What is the involvement of a court please this is the only bit worrying me?

Boston

• 1 month later...

Can Ims or anyone else help please. I'm about to collect my first SAR pack from the TSB. I am also about to do SARS requests from others eg. Amex.

With Amex and First Direct where will I have to collect the SARS pack from as I don't know of any offices anywhere near me? Any advice welcomed many thanks again.

I got it from an old loan agreement I found that we had protection on. Also, Ims if we had eg a joint loan am I right in thinking I'll get all the info I need from just one SAR in either name?

I'm having a worry attack reading about goiong to Court. Will my ppi application only go to court if I take it there (I was previously in an IVA)

Edited by bostonteaparty
added info

Are there no address details in the small print on the agreement or on the back?

For SAR on joint account you can just prepare the SAR in joint names.

It is your choice whether you go to court for it or not.

ims