Santander/1st Credit dirty tricks

FredF
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4589 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have a couple 3 debts with Santander, a bank overdraft, a credit card, and 3 outstanding payments on a loan.

I'm currently unemployed and rely solely on JSA for income. After what seems like a long old fight I managed to get Santander to agree a monthly offer of £1 for both the overdraft and credit card debts.

Within 3/4 months of this arrangement both of these debts were passed on to outside agencies. The overdraft to Westcot (for which I have another thread) and now, my CC debt to 1st Credit.

A few months back, I was receiving numerous phone calls to the communal phone where I live from Santander per day, essentially because these debts were all handled by different departments and were all independently phoning me to chase them up. I sent the telephone harassment letter and received a letter from their complaints team that I quote:

"I am sorry you feel the frequency of the calls you are receiving constitutes harassment. This was certainly not our intention. The calls are designed to ensure that are(sic) customers are aware of the situation regarding their accounts. I have removed your telephone number from our systems, so you will no longer receive calls from our department."

That was at the end of March and all calls did cease until August when I started getting calls relating to the overdue loan account.

I wrote a letter of complaint to Santander asking why when I'd had a letter from them telling me my phone number had been removed had it not actually been done. They wrote a reply that rather than answer this question, just went on to explain why they felt the need to start calling me again.

I wrote back to them at the end of September asking again why my number hadn't been removed, I've had no further contact from them regarding that follow up letter and now know that they appear to have ignored it and just sold my debts on.

Anyway, my question relates to 1st Credit. Since taking over the debt for my CC last week, I have been getting daily phone calls from them on the same number that I'd asked Santander to remove. I'm about to write to them to make the same offer as I'd previously arranged with Santander and I'm also going to attach the harassment paragraphs to that same letter.

Do have have grounds to complain about Santander about this, not only did they never remove my phone number as they said they'd had, but they've passed it onto 1st Credit. I'm really angry about this because it's causing distress once again to the people I share the house with and embarrassment to me.

Yes of course you have the right to complain....I don't know why you haven't done so before.

Exhaust their own complaints procedure so you can escalte it beyond them. Make a formal complaint to the OFT&TS via http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Dl1/Directories/UsefulContactsByCategory/Governmentcitizensandrightscontacts/DG_195948

And to Ofcom about the misuse of the communications network.

If they continue to ring when you have told them to stop, then you have grounds for a complaint to be made to the Police for the criminal offence of harassment.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Well if they have failed to respond to your complaint within 8 weeks you can escalate it above their heads, you 'could' send them a final letter asking them if they have concluded their investigation into your complaint/letter if so you will escalate it above them and have the FOS investigate.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Thanks Boo,

I made a note to ring that Consumer Direct number on Monday. I've sent of the phone harassment/offer letter to 1st Credit today.

Sorry too for calling you Bill in the previous post. You've been a fantastic help both her and in my other posts. :)

I get called a lot worse so don't worry. See what CD say and if they have any advise for you and take it from there.