Vodafone refusal to put through to manager.

CKenny
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4544 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've just gotten off the phone with vodafone customer services, and I am absolutely fuming! :mad2:

I signed up to a contract 6 months ago and was sold a Nexus S, which I was told at the time had a Super AMOLED display. Basically, I didn't realise it at the time, but there's more than one kind of Nexus S!:roll: I was sold an i9023 model, which does NOT have an Amoled display, but something else which doesn't seem to be as bright or as clear compared with my friend, who has a different Samsung phone. Other than that, the phones seem identical so I didn't realise it until very recently. I rang vodafone today about something else, but figured when I was on the phone to them, I would tell them about this problem to see what they could do about it. The guy on the phone was really quite rude. He told me I'd have to take the phone back to the shop to complain about being mis-sold and so-called "customer services" could do nothing over the phone. When I pointed out that I bought it in a Vodafone shop and had now moved house, meaning it wasn't at all convenient to go back there, he basically told me that was tough luck. He then implied that I was totally stupid to not have realised that I was sold the wrong phone and was being completely ridiculous to bring it up at this stage!! (Possibly he was right, but not appreciated!:-x) When I asked him to speak to his supervisor, he simply said "No"!!!! Nothing else, no reason why, just "No".

I realise that 6 months down the line is kind of late to be complaining that I was sold the wrong phone, but are they allowed to refuse to escalate my complaint like that??:???:

We have a member of the vodafone webteam that comes on this forum, go to http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/telecoms-mobile-fixed-internet/213340-vodafone-webteam-customers-problems.html and contact them, you will receive a response which will include a reference number, post it back here and lee_vodaphone will look into it for you. ;)

• Haha 1

There is a big difference between the LCD screen and the AMOLED screen, were you assured you would get the AMOLED screen at the point of sale?

Personally, having worked in call centers, I can tell you that a "Manager" or a "Supervisor" are no higher trained than the CSAs, and in a lot of cases have only received basic training on the products as they hare hired to manage the staff NOT solve customers disputes. However I would add that the Vodafone "complaints code" does state you can escalate your complaint to a "team manager", so the CSA in question does need reminding of that.

Follow Cerb's advice and contact the web relations team using code WRT135, give them a link to this thread, then post the automated reply number here just so all the details marry up. I would expect Lee to reach an agreement with you quickly :)

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Thanks guys, I will try that!

I was definitely told that it had an AMOLED display when I was sold the phone. It was only when I saw somebody else's phone that I realised how rubbish the display on mine was!.

• 2 weeks later...

Just to update, someone from Vodafone got back to me mid-week last week and apologised for the actions of the customer services operator. Said they are going to handle the phone problem directly so that I don't have to go back to the store, and I'm waiting to hear from them further with regards to this (he did say that it might take a few days). We'll see what happens!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Cliona,

Whilst it's a shame to hear about your recent experience with us I'm pleased to see that one of my colleagues has since been in touch while I was away.

As you've quoted your email reference number I'll locate your account to make sure that everything has been addressed for you.

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK