Account closure Nationwide

pinkychops
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6435 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello all,

I have advised my cousin to claim her charges back from Nationwide, she took her SAR letter and cheque to her branch today and delivered it by hand. I am now really worried after reading that Nationwide close the accounts of people claiming their money back. Have you all had your accounts closed? Would appreciate any replies. Thank You.

Not had my account closed yet but i am expecting them to. I opened 2 new accounts, a Natwest Step and a Co-op Cashminder, didn't have any problems getting them. I would advise your cousin to open an account asap, as once they have claimed the charges back they may find it more difficult to open another bank account.

:p :p :pCARMEN :p :p :p

Nationwide close accounts as a matter of course when people make claims.

They have even admitted so on the radio!

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

30 days, but i am aware that the ombersman is looking into this.

It's not the size of the dog in the fight, but rather the size of the fight in the dog..:D

MBNA SETTLED IN FULL £216.00

Preffered Mortgages Ltd MCOL going in for £3.5K

Nationwide £702.00, SETTLED IN FULL.

closed our account and then demanded the overdraft back and was going to take us to court.

Then when we paid the overdraft back they said do you want to keep your account open. When they had told us that they were closing it!! Just wanted money back that they gave us.