Wrongly named in small claims threat .

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4617 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My daughter and myself both work in the same capacity (minimum wage employees) for a very large national company yet i have been threatened with court for not paying wages .

My daughter brought her friend to work for a week (i was on holiday that week) so each could work 4 hours of my daughters contracted 8 hours daily . obviously then sharing the pay .

As my daughter is paid monthly and this was the first week of the month the friend was aware her pay would be delayed and happy to wait .

Shortly after they had an argument , probably about boys or something stupid , but it was never suggested the friend would not recieve her pay .

On payday my daughter contacted the girl asking what to do about national insurance and tax contributions . It was agreed that my daughter would pay two thirds and the rest should be deducted from her friends earnings .

My daughter paid the girl and the following day i recieved a legal letter threatening court and costs if i did not pay the girl myself !

I am not and never have been an employer , i have nothing to do with wages or the companys management .

I am inclined to ignore the letter and let the girl and her family proceed to court incurring costs they can never hope to recover . I am named as the accused and i am quite certain a court will instantly accept that i have no authority and therefore no connection with regards to this matter .

I would gratefully appreciate any advice on this matter and can only add that despite my not being religiously minded i am praying my daughter paid the girl by bank transfer and not cash !

Might i regret not replying to the solicitors that threaten me ?

Edited by minus-millions