• Tweets

• If it doesn’t sell easily : what they can get at an auction becomes fair market price, which may not realise what you are hoping.
    • Thank you. The receiver issue is a rabbit hole I don't think I'm going to enjoy going down. These people seem so protected. And I don't understand how or why?  Fair market value seems to be ever shifting and contentious.
    • Hungary is attempting to be a world power in manufacturing electric vehicle batteries, despite locals' reservations.View the full article
    • You can't, but you can (and really should) bring up the point that the lender isn't meeting their legal obligations in selling the property for fair market value. You'll have to do this in court, though.     A receiver is bought in by the lender, not you. If they're a registered insolvency practitioner, you may be able to raise a complaint to the insolvency service but there are no guarantees here. Many receivers are also registered with the RICS and self-regulate so if you know the name of the receiver you can check there, again no guarantees.   https://www.rics.org/surveyor-careers/career-development/accreditations/registered-property-receivership-scheme
    • China green-lights mass production of autonomous flying taxis — with commercial flights set for 2025 | Live Science WWW.LIVESCIENCE.COM The EHang EH216-S autonomous flying taxi is the first eVTOL ready for mass production and could lead the way for flying cars around...  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

store card PPI reclaim - help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4527 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have been meaning to pursue PPI mis-selling but never got around to it.

I have a Debenhams store card which I took out in November 2006

- I have a copy of the agreement signed in store and the box for Account Cover Insurance is not ticked but my signature is in this section.

I had no discussion about buying this insurance with the person in the store and would never have taken this insurance as I was self employed.

I have checked through my statements and have had Account Cover charges applied.

As the card is now operated by Santander is it them that I pursue for compensation?

I have some "boiler plate" letters courtesy of Money Saving Expert site, is there anything out there that is equal to or better than the format they have provided.

Given that I have the original agreement document and also all my statements I have no need to go a hunting party so what is my first step in initiatiing my claim?

Having read through various parts of this very helpful forum I think it would be useful if there were a step by step guide with accompanying text for each action by the consumer,

there might well be I just haven't found it yet!

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement? Read Here

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks for the advice, all most useful. Reading through the numerous threads a common issue is that people were not advised as to the limitations or suitablity of PPI.

In my case I elected not to take out such cover but it was applied to my account anyway. Under the circumstances do I have any additional remedies open to me other than reclaiming the premiums and interest incurred. I think the card company has abused the terms of the contract I entered into to their advantage.

Hi

fos would award premiums plus associated interest as charged on the card plus 8%.

If you go the court route you would disregard that and could go for a higher nominal rate of interest in restitution.

ims

Thanks for the advice - I have sent a letter today to Santander Card Services and will see what happens. Am I unique in being charged for PPI when I have an agreement where I have not signed up for it but have had it applied to my account?

Hi

Unfortunately you're not unusual.....have a read around the ppi forums and you will see that there are a good many people who have been fleeced by banks and their PPI ethos.

The chickens are coming home to roost for the banks though.

Regards

ims

• Confused 1

• 5 weeks later...

Good news, received a letter in the post today dated 3rd November offering a sum nearly double what I paid in premiums.

The letter looks fairly standard and I am pleased with the speed of response but not so sure about the outcome.

I am not sure if continuing to pursue the claim is worthwhile or not.

The letter states that this is their "Final Response".

Good news, received a letter in the post today dated 3rd November offering a sum nearly double what I paid in premiums. The letter looks fairly standard and I am pleased with the speed of response but not so sure about the outcome. I am not sure if continuing to pursue the claim is worthwhile or not. The letter states that this is their "Final Response".

Hi

How does their offer compare to the figure you were expecting?

Why would you not wish to continue the claim given that they have made an offer?

ims

Hi

If they have made an offer which compares favourably with the amount you were expecting then follow the instructions in their letter regarding acceptance.

If not you can dispute their calculations.

What figure did you come up with as being due back to you (if any)?

ims

how does this figure compare to the total of your SOC?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

IMS,

Here is a breakdown of my claims so far where there has been a reply

Debenhams Card £182.19 charged £302.44 offered as settlement - in this case I did not sign up for PPI but it was charged to my card anyhow

NCH Card £181.88 charged £253.16 offered as settlement

CFW Card £569.81 charged £830.11 offered as settlement

I am reasonably pleased with these outcomes, how do they compare with other peoples results?

I am still gunning for Barclaycard on several fronts, they have not even responded to my first letter even though it was sent recorded delivery and I have proof of postage and proof of it being signed for.

you should be using this:

and they

not your thread??

only after you file court papers or go to the fos

dx

• Confused 1

and they

• 4 weeks later...

Santander settled and I accepted their offer - they responded swiftly to my approach and all told I am happy with the offer they made. I also fired off PPI mis-selling claims to MBNA, First Direct, Honda Finance and Barclaycard - all have responded apart from Barclaycard, is that standard? I have receipts for postage and also signature for accepting delivery @ Barclaycard Leicester.

MBNA responded swiftly and settled, offer made was acceptable. Honda Finance have passed my claim to the dealers and I am waiting to hear.

First Direct responded with a long letter explaining that they had followed procedures as scripted, apparently I declined a full explanation - I was sent documentation which I had the choice to examine but still signed up for PPI so they are saying it is my responsibility. I guess if you don't ask you don't get.

Not impressed with Barclaycard and from reading this Forum think a letter to the FOS is my next step.

have a word with slick132

or p'haps start a thread in the bc forum?

dx

and they

Hi

I struggled to get my SAR fulfilled with Barclays. After ringing, complaining and receiving a complaint reference that can be quoted in future complaints they finally responded , took them another week, but it worked for me.

That reference also set the timescale for my PPI complaint.

They are the worst in my experience so far.

Good luck

W