Successful Claims

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6127 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:DTo one and all dont lose the eye of the Tiger, Keep fighting.

With the help of every one on this site I won my claim today, £2850.00 Cash money Ching Ching:D

Claim Issued 16th of may

Deemed to be served 21st of may

Halifax Acknowledged 22nd of may with the intension to defend the claim in full

Recieved full claim settlement 3 days before judgement Day

Halifax claim acknowledged 22/05/07

Defence due by

18/06/07

The clock is ticking;)

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

MANY

CONGRATULATIONS

TO ALL

30-12-2006--Requested statements from Local Halifax.

02-02-2007--Statements Recieved.

18-04-2007--Prelim sent.

20-04-2007--Reply , Thanks , give us 8wks letter.

02-0502007--Sent L.B.A. & Schedule of Charges

11-05-2007--Recieved reply ,still investigating.

17-05-2007--Sent Amended L.B.A. for Contractual Interest this time.

14-06-2007--Received standard Bog Off letter.

13-06-2007--Took N1 to Local Courts.

26-06-2007--Copy of N1 from Court, issued 21-06-2007. to Halifax, Deemed Served 25-06-2007

Have till 09-07-2007 to file Defence.

05-07-2007--Note that Acknowledgment of Service been Filed on 29-06-2007.

Have 28 days from date of Service to File Defence.

07-07-2007--Offer from Halifax.

09-07-2007--Rejection letter sent to Halifax. Next day delivery.

10-07-2007--Money put in Account:mad:

I WON

Greetings.

Just thought I would share the envelope that "pat" brought today!

Original amount charged to account - £171.00p

Statutory interest & my "admin"fees - £ 43.01p

TOTAL OWED £214.01P

My MCOL claim totalled £519.24p

This included all my costs, time of research, pen to paper etc. Just about ready to compile the court bundle................... ................

OWARD at d ALIFAX has offered £385.47 as an out of court non liability blah blah blah settlement.

ACCEPTED

mitch

Claimed for £70 + Interest + Court Fee after receiving the standard "terms & conditions" get lost letter...

...received letter from Halifax stating their intention to defend...

...a couple of weeks later received the letter saying "it is not commercially viable to defend" and "without admitting liability" they would settle claim in full...

...checked my account balance and money was in!

So, for all those wondering whether it's worth it?

It is! :D

Congratulations

Hi my claim with the Halifax, they paid the full amount into my account on 19th june 2007 £5635.05.

N1 filed 23rd May 2007

Deemed served 25th may 2007

Acknowledged 1st June 2007

Keep on fighting and you will get it.

Heres some helpful numbers 01422 391096 or email

[email protected]

Today 20th June I discovered that 2700.00 had been taken out of my bank, I rang Halifax and was told it was interest on a loan, I told them that I didn’t have any loans so she put me on hold and cam back after 5 mins and said there’s been an error I will get someone to call you back in 5 mins (I smoked 5 cigs in 15 mins) got no call back so I rang them and they said sorry about the error your account as been refunded with the 2700.00 what a cheek?

It has been pay day for a few of us today. Not even due in court till the 7th july. The only letter I've had is the one to say I'm gettin nothing. Low and behold £2030.61 mysteriously appeared in my account today

i went through the banking ombudsman route and claimed £2750. I have just received a letter from the ombudsman saying they had received a letter from the Bank of Scotland informing them they wish to settle in order to avoid a formal investigation and they have offered £3200 which i assume is including interest which i hadnt asked for but will gladly accept im glad this has worked out so well without having to resort to legal action

Hello I am looking for a bit of help, no use at this kind of thing!... Got a letter through today saying that after reveiwing my claim the have decided that they will not be refunding anything, i have been charged £2864 and was claiming for the full amount...

Whats the next step??

Nicky

i suggest waiting till its 8 weeks from the date of your initial complaint to the bank and then contacting the banking ombudsman which will be successful for you and be no hassle at all with courts and things like that even martin lewis was recommending people take that route now

I have sent my letter asking for my statements, had them back after about 5 or 6 weeks, then on the 14th june i sent them a letter with my claim amount, recieved my letter from the bank yesterdaay which said they declined to offer me anything... So its around 8 weeks give or take a day or two!

Is there a link to the ombudsman site or is it best to send them a letter?

nicky

I have just received my 'Go to hell' letter from the bank for my claim on 2 account totalling 7300 pounds. I am just about to send of my LBA. but if this fails 'which it may do' which route is best Legal or FOS or is it possible to go legal first then if that fails FOS.

I have just received my 'Go to hell' letter from the bank for my claim on 2 account totalling 7300 pounds. I am just about to send of my LBA. but if this fails 'which it may do' which route is best Legal or FOS or is it possible to go legal first then if that fails FOS.

You have to go FOS and then legal if you want.

If you lose in court you cannot then use the FOS. This is a quote from their website "If you decide to go to court instead, you should be aware that if you lose you will not then be able to bring your complaint to us".

I have sent my letter asking for my statements, had them back after about 5 or 6 weeks, then on the 14th june i sent them a letter with my claim amount, recieved my letter from the bank yesterdaay which said they declined to offer me anything... So its around 8 weeks give or take a day or two!

nicky

remember it has to be 8 weeks from the date of your complaint about the charges not 8 weeks from when you asked for your statements.

there is a link to the banking ombudsman site on this site but here's a link anyway Financial Ombudsman Service

you can always call them and discuss it with them they are very helpful and will explain it all for you including what happens when they contact the bank and they keep you informed by letter at every stage its pain and hassle free

nicky

Nicky.

Best to start your own thread!

This is for WINNERS - which you WILL be - eventually!

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

£11,136.33 paid back thus far.

New claim issued: 9/07/2007 for 3rd account: £500+ PRESSING ON!

Don't forget - when you win - a donation to CAG would be welcome!

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

Firefox - best to start your own thread.

This is really for WINNERS - which you will be - eventually!

Dummie's Guide to CAG: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

Me v BofS: Charges: £13,048.10 #2a/c Statements from 08/01/01 received. Charges:£5,156.39 Information Commissioner's Office informed June 12th who wrote to BoS, June 22nd for non-compliance. #1a/c: passed to BoS Senior Review Team. Discovered 2 further a/cs, and 3 Loan accounts. "Goodwill offer" of £7,424.23 06/07/07. Accepted (partial repayment). 20/07/07 Top-up payments of £2,558.10 & £1,154.00

If anything I've said has remotely been of any assistance, then please tip my scales!

Paid in Full with Interest and costs £1389.86.

Many,many thanks to all who guided and helped.

!!!!CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

been on with claim from halifax now 3 month..sent court letter thurs 21 june..my mrs sent 1 letter to loyds tsb..ive sent 4.....shes been doing it for a month..guess wat..she gets payed out straight away...she was claiming 845 pounds..they payed her 750 pound so she took that....:o .me still waiting..

:D My claim was settled thursday found the money in my account, well chuffed, received a letter from halifax this morning confirming. it was a long road i started my quest for my money last june what a relief. this money will repay a lot of debts and releive a lot of pressure and stress so i,m well happy :D thanks to anyone and everyone who helped me through the process. I,d like to make a donation to the website but am a bit unsure how to do this as unfortunately i no longer posess a credit card (cut them all up as i swore i,d never go down that road again ha ha) so if any of the administrators or moderators are watching please advise thanks:D

Hi when did you file your claim?

Hi my claim with the Halifax, they paid the full amount into my account on 19th june 2007 £5635.05.

N1 filed 23rd May 2007

Deemed served 25th may 2007

Acknowledged 1st June 2007

Keep on fighting and you will get it.

Heres some helpful numbers 01422 391096 or email

[email protected]

Today 20th June I discovered that 2700.00 had been taken out of my bank, I rang Halifax and was told it was interest on a loan, I told them that I didn’t have any loans so she put me on hold and cam back after 5 mins and said there’s been an error I will get someone to call you back in 5 mins (I smoked 5 cigs in 15 mins) got no call back so I rang them and they said sorry about the error your account as been refunded with the 2700.00 what a cheek?