Wanting me to travel 500+ miles a week

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4630 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,Hoping someone here can offer me some advice.I manage a team of sales people, however 9 of the 10 I manage are based in an office 252 miles away. I have been managing them successfully for 3 years, always hitting targets, however a new sales director has come into the business and has told me I must be in the other office for 2 full days a week.With a 2 month old daughter and wife at home I am loathed to have to spend so much of my time away from home.My question is, can they force me to do the travel to keep my job. And if not and I refuse to do it what can they do? Will I lose my job, will they have to offer me something else in the business, does it have to be paid the same, can they make me redundant?ThanksSmackbat

<(o.o)> Smackbat

:) Smile.co.uk - £4,400 WON 12/10/06

:)Smile.co.uk - £156 WON Feb 07

:)Smile.co.uk - £280 WON 25/06/07

:mad: Egg PLC - £3,420.72 - Defence filed 24/06/07

:? Alliance & Leicester - DPR Request sent

:? Woolich PLC - To Start

First thing to check is your contract. Is it specific on the working location? Does it have any sort of mobility clause?

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

Also check if the company have a Work / Life Balance Policy (or other such name) ie one that supports family life. Personally, I think it is unreasonable to make you do this, especially if the management has been satisfactory up until this dictat has been told you. Sounds like a new man wanting to make a mark. Fairly typical.. flexing his muscles.

hi smackbat,

have a look around website www.acas.co.uk totiesquoties

:p[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

totiesquoties

MY ADVICE IS BASED ON COMMON SENSE AND KNOWLEDGE FROM PERSONAL EXPERIENCE, I AM NOT LEGALLY TRAINED, AND ALWAYS CHECK LEGAL ISSUES EITHER WITH A LEGAL PERSON, OR

THE APPROPRIATE LEGISLATION. :rolleyes:

IF I HAVE HELPED, PLEASE PRESS MY STAR, THANK YOU.:lol:

If they want you to do that initially Id remind them that currently government fuel allowance guidelines are at 45p a mile. So tell them youll be charging them £113.40 for each trip if they really want to make you do it and see how quickly they back off...............

• Haha 1