• Tweets

• It gets worse if this Twitter thread is right. The much-trumpeted NHS app will only take the results of privaye tests. How does that help?    
    • Legally, at this stage, If it’s unfair, the recourse is to have it made fair, not get cash.     i would call ACAS and ask for guidance about fair processes. It’s a small number of people at risk  (under 20) so the process can be fast and less formal. so you won’t have reps involved most likely, which is a shame as they can really help.    i think the cost of a lawyer will outweigh any potential uplift (just my opinion, I’m not a lawyer)   or if you have a fair number in your head - why not just ask for it? They can only say no, and you’ll have lost nothing.   a court may well determine you should be given your job back. I’m guessing the company is not swimming in cash so they may go along with that. Also however it can be a very long wait for your day in court.
    • I would think I would have a strong enough claim with regards to him selling the vehicle on a trade sales invoice, at the moment I believe everything else is perhaps irrelevant...    I will keep updated on any progress with TS if they bother to respond and advice given by CAB as and when I hear back,   Thank you again.
    • Latest (available) government testing figures for 10-september-to-16-september (10 days ago)   "587,173 people were newly tested, consistent with the previous week but an increase of 30% compared to the end of August."   *** Which works out to UNDER 84,000 people a day being tested that appears to be collapsing Handcock, Dido and Sercos Trace-a-test - 30% up from only around 65,000 People tested a day at the end of August   .. for a claimed 240,000-300,000 'capacity which has and is collapsing when even a 3x increase in people being tested should be within the long and still claimed 'capacity   Given the lack of newer figures - they cant be anything to shout about eh?   So my prior estimates of around 60,000 climbing more recently to 75,000 were over estimates; but right in the ball park; and only exceeded in the last few weeks or so.   Info buried under multiple links https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/nhs-test-and-trace-england-and-coronavirus-testing-uk-statistics-10-september-to-16-september-2020/weekly-statistics-for-nhs-test-and-trace-england-and-coronavirus-testing-uk-10-september-to-16-september
  • Our picks

• @curryspcworld @TeamKnowhowUK - Samsung 75 8K TV - completely broken by Currys. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426151-samsung-75-8k-tv-completely-broken-by-currys/&do=findComment&comment=5069075
      • 6 replies
    • @skinnyfoodco Skinny Foods. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/426130-skinny-foods/&do=findComment&comment=5068996
      • 8 replies
    • I’m in desperate need of help

I bought some clothes online in may through Evans and paid through PayPal
      returned them all seven days later

I waited the 14days for my refund and no refund came
      I put in a dispute through PayPal but I didn’t get any emails to escalate the case - PayPal closed it. 
      evans said they couldn’t refund the money because PayPal have cancelled the refund because of the open dispute

I contacted PayPal
      they said the dispute had been closed but Evans at no point had attempted a refund.
      fast forward to today

I’ve got copies of numerous messages sent to and from twitter messages as it’s the only way I can contact them
      I’ve also contacted their customer service too
      all I get is PayPal have cancelled refund because dispute is still open.

I have proved that the dispute is closed
      I have got an email saying that if Evans sent the refund they would accept it
      but up until the date I got the email they have not once attempted a refund .

I have sent them a letter before court email
      I have even offered to have the full refund as a gift card just to get this sorted !

I’m literally at the end of my tether and don’t know where to turn next !

i suffer with mental health issues and this is affecting my health and I’d saved the money for a year to buy these clothes as I’m on a low income .
    • In desperate need of help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/425244-in-desperate-need-of-help/&do=findComment&comment=5067040
      • 29 replies

Property factors: "Joint and several liability"

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3313 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hopefully this is the right forum to ask this but if not can someone point me in the right direction. Here's a brief run down of the saga...

I live in a new build development which consists of two blocks of flats in a cul-de-sac. In total there are about 60-ish flats and 5 retail spaces. We're factored by a private company who take care of the communal areas of the development.

Last month we received our quarterly bill from the factor and along with it was a letter stating several residents had not paid their bills and going forward the factors would send everyone in the development a list of the residents that hadn't paid along with the outstanding amounts.

Yesterday we received the first such letter with maybe around 10 properties with outstanding bills. I can't remember the total off the top of my head but it meant that all the other residents are expected to pay an extra £135 each in order to cover this outstanding amount.

The factors are highlighting a clause in our general deed of conditions that places joint and several liability on the residents therefore we're liable for the debts of those that aren't paying. A frustrating situation.

However having been through my own dispute with the factors over bills in the past, they issued us with a summons from the small claims court. We were prepared to go to court and defend our position however they backed down at the last minute and conceded their bills were incorrect and it was all resolved before we got to court, where they would lose.

Now I'm working on the assumption that they've also issued a small claims summons on these other bad debtors. My outstanding bill at the time was about £400, whereas one person in the current situation appears to owe about £3,000 so if they pursued me for much less then they must be doing the same on the others.

Now they stated in the letter that they were unable to get any response from these bad debtors hence why they're passing it onto us. I expect they're trying to shame them into paying or getting the other residents to form a pitchfork mob and extract the money that way.

However, assuming they've issued a small claim against them, heard nothing in response, the factors have then been to court and won because the defendant didn't turn up and the court finds in the factor's favour, can that debt be passed back to the other residents if the debtor still refuses to pay?