PPI Claim - RBS

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4623 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Please could somebody help us, at present I I am trying to help my Brother & Sis in Law who have a a few debt problems due to the ill health of my Brother.

Anyway after joining CAG with another problem I got thinking about their loans and such like.

It appears my Sis in Law has had a few loans and two credit cards with RBS and Debenhams Mastercard with all PPI, however she was self employed at the time (Has now giving up to look after my very sick Brother).

Can anybody help us put a claim into RBS & Debenhams to request they pay her this money back.

Loan Details

Took out £7500.00 on February 2005

Repayments £263.65 (£230.32 Loan Repayment & £33.62 Insurance Loan Repayment)

Last Payment on March 2009

Main Loan: £7,500

Insurance Loan: £1,085.00

Credit Total: £8,585.00

Interest: £906.40

Total: £9491.40

Annual Percentage: Cant read thia as they have stamped Customer Copy right over it. (It could be 9% not sure)

Am I right in saying she should not have had this Loan Insurance (Loanguard Policy) if she was self employed. If so is there anybody out there that can help us calculate what she should be due back.

Also Credit Cards would we write to the companies and ask them to refund all PPI or do we have to calculate a figure for them.

Any guidance, Info would be greatlt appreciated.

DS.

it mstters not whatthe reason is really

it was mis-sold, you dont have to justify your claim.........

follow the info on the fos website

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Many thanks dx

Have had a look on FOS I shall print form out and send it to her bank, will keep you all posted.

Also wanted to send their bank a subject access request but van;t find a letter on here, I know theres one somewhere saw it earlier, but sods law when you need you can't find it again, can anybody help us find a Subject Access Request Letter please.

DS

Hi

Before sending the questionnaire to the bank you should really do a claim schedule as well because you will want to claim interest on the payments you have made. I can help you with this.

Can you just confirm the term of the loan....in your earlier post you said it was taken out in Fen 05 and the last payment was made in March 09 so was this a 48 month agreement which ran its full term?

SAR Template is here

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?552-Data-Protection

Regards

ims

Hi ims

Many thanks for your help, its greatly appreciated, luckily you have brought to my attention it was actually March 2008 it ran for 36months and it did run its full term.

These banks have got off with robbing and thieving for many years I'm so glad we found this site everyone is so helpful, I bet the bank and such like rue the day CAG was founded.

Many thanks again

DS

Hi ims

Many thanks for your help, its greatly appreciated, luckily you have brought to my attention it was actually March 2008 it ran for 36months and it did run its full term.

These banks have got off with robbing and thieving for many years I'm so glad we found this site everyone is so helpful, I bet the bank and such like rue the day CAG was founded.

Many thanks again

DS

Hi

Thanks for that...

Just confirming some figures....will post shortly

Regards

ims

Hi

I've attached a spreadsheet you can use to calculate the claim amount.

All you need to do is amend the personal details in the blue section. Then move to the white list section underneath the coloured bits and list the 36 payments of £33.62. For each entry put in the date of the payment, a description (i.e. PPI Payment) and the amount of £33.62. The spreadsheet will do the rest of the calcs for you.

Please note that the spreadsheet is protected in areas where you don't need to change data. If you get a protection warning it means that you are trying to enter or change data in one of the protected cells.

When complete, print off a copy of the spreadsheet and send it together with the completed fos questionnaire and a covering letter requesting a refund to the lender.

Under FSA rules for fos, they will have 12 weeks to respond and give their final decision after which you can escalate the matter to fos if they don't pay up.

If you wish to bypass fos you can go straight for the court route in which case you set your own timescales and they will not have 12 weeks, they will have whatever time you set.

Bear in mind if you go to court and lose, fos won't then take on the case. If you go to fos and lose then you can still sue in court.

fos is easy because they do all the work for you but it is slower. Court is quick but you will have to do all the work and work on the assumption that you will have to present your case in front of a Judge.

This does of course assume that the bank don't pay up.

Regards

ims

StatIntSheet1.xls

Hi ims

You'r a star ims, this spreadsheet is amazing, tried one I found on here last week but couldn't make head nor tail of it, this one was so easy.

All calculations done...form a few weee bits to be completed can''t do that till tonight when I speak to sis in law for some details. On the PPI conditions it does mention she was covered for self employment, but the medical part does not cover her for existing medical conditions which she has quite a few and did have at the time of taking PPI out..i.e Hypertension, Diabetes etc..so can this be a reason why she was mis-sold policy.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi ims

Sorry to bother you, we sent away the claim to the RBS branch on10th Septemeber they received it on the 13th September should they acknowledged it or should we have sent it to their head office.

I thought maybe my sis in law and brother should have received some kind of acknowledgement from them. We also sent their Subject Access Request on the 5th September they received it 7th september but not heard anything yet any thoughts, should we send another letter or hang it out.

Your expert advice would be greatly appreciated.

Anybody else who wishes to comment please feel free, being newbies to this we need all the help we can get.

DS

Hi ims

Sorry to bother you, we sent away the claim to the RBS branch on10th Septemeber they received it on the 13th September should they acknowledged it or should we have sent it to their head office.

Should really have gone to head office or ppi department. As they have signed for it they should pass it on. If you wish you can also send a copy to H/O though.

I thought maybe my sis in law and brother should have received some kind of acknowledgement from them. They might let you know they have it and they will take their 12 weeks to investigate.We also sent their Subject Access Request on the 5th September they received it 7th september but not heard anything yet any thoughts, should we send another letter or hang it out.

They have 40 days to respiond to a SAR so lots of time to wait yet

Your expert advice would be greatly appreciated.

Anybody else who wishes to comment please feel free, being newbies to this we need all the help we can get.

DS

Regards

ims

Hi ims

Many Thanks for your instant reply, I hadn't even had time blink.:-D

Do you have any idea what RBS address we should have sent the PPI claim to I could always send a copy.

As for the Subject Access Request we shall leave it for the 40 days, will that be 40 working days or 40 calander days.

Kindest regards

DS