Ro v CAPITAL ONE

ro284
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4406 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thankyou for your help ims, i am having trouble finding the annual interest rate,hoping for some help from a visitor later,i think i will give the court route a miss on this one, and accept a fos/regulatory based award. as it is for a relatively small amount, but will take the court route if fit enough on the larger ones in future, thankyou for the pointer to new cis sheets, could you link to the cis sheet required for the PPI claim please,Ro

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Ro

Here's the sheet for the fos based award......just follow the instructions in the sheet

FosRunningPPI v101.xls

As regards the interest rate, somewhere on the statements it will give you a monthly rate for purchase i.e. ordinary spend. That figure will be the monthly rate and you need to convert it to APR and you can use this sheet to do that for you.

MonthlyToAPR.xls

As regards spacing of your posts, are you by any chance composing your messages in a word processor and then cutting and pasting them to the CAG message box. If so that could account for the formatting.

If you are composing in an outside application you need to use notepad and cut and paste from that.

Regards

ims

Hello ims, it appears that this particular credit card was zero % on purchases for restricted time, and special rate of 0.562% Paid off before the interest increased,Thanks Ro

Hello ims, in view of the above special rate of 0.562% only, would you advise that as there is no APR interest, ( This fact is what has confused me all along! i was looking for something that was not there!) i should ignore this (for this claim anyway) and just do the PPI claim, i note the interest in the FosRunningPPI v101.xls is set at 8% simple interest. should i leave this as is? Regards Ro

Edited by ro284

Hi

0.562% is their monthly rate....it equates to 7% APR.

The fos running spreadsheet is only set at 8% for the statutory interest, you still enter your card rate where indicated in the sheet as this is used to work out the compound interest part.

ims

Sorry ims. The confusion may be that the only interest shown anywhere on any documents for this account is the Special rate which as you say equates to 7% i have looked at another account and can see the interest rates, the reason may be this was a spacial introductory rate to get me hooked! which was paid off before the interest kicked in! Which may explain the confusion right from the beginning! So i imagine i put 7% for this claim? ,Regards Ro

Edited by ro284

Sorry ims, could you tell me what the start date i should put is,today? and when end date would be, i have put 7% for APR, do i fill in compound interest, or does the sheet do that for me,? sorry to be a pain! brain fade! so sorry about all the hassle, it seems that all this would have been easier to sort out had i started on one of the larger amount accounts, it was the lack of any interest rates at APR on this one that has caused most of the problem. Ro

Edited by ro284

Hi

If the spreadsheet is CISheetV101, start date is the date of the first charge you are claiming, end date is today since you are claiming interest right up to now.

All you need to list in the spreadsheet body is the date of the charge, the description and the amount...the sheet will work out your interest for you.

ims

:-)

Thankyou for all your help ims. i have completed the above form, it was when i came to print it i had the problem! but it is here somewhere on pc, but the point is i could easily do the sheet again,is it best to transfer the sheet to pdf?i will do the charges next, but later, Thankyou again Regards Ro

Hi ims nearly there now, on the SOC cis tittle should i add the letters PPI after credit card charges, before the line= COMPOUND INTEREST CALCULATION? Do i need to add a personal letter or does the template you suggested (post 64) say it all? and can i include a cis with charges over limt, late, etc along with the PPI one, or send seperately? is there a special address i need to send to? regards Ro

Hi

Your charges claim and PPI claims should be two distinct spreadsheets. Change the title of the spreadsheet to suit...either PPI claim or Charges claim.

For PPI the template letter is OK but of you have done a fos questionnaire you don't need a lengthy letter anymore. Just a brief one saying you enclose the spreadsheet and fos questionnaire and that you want your money back.

For the charges claim there is a template letter in the CAG library for your preliminary letter.

Capital One (Europe) plc, Trent House, Station Street, Nottingham NG2 3FB

ims

• 2 weeks later...

Hello ims. I have finally got this one ready to send, i'm sure they will tell me if i have made any mistakes! Many thanks for all your help and advice, i now have the confidence to go for the larger amounts from other banks etc, sorry it's taken so long to get this far.Thankyou once again, Kind regards Ro

• 2 weeks later...

Hi ims, just an update,

i had a reply, basically stating that they do not have to repay anything, because it is prior to 6 years!

What i would like to say, is that it is disgracefull that this once reputable institution try and get away with keeping [EDIT] money!

irrespective of what year it was [EDIT], it is still [EDIT]! But What can i say?

The fact that for me this is a small amount, just to learn how to go about the process, does not matter,

However small they [EDIT] it from me, which then incurred costs for late payment fees,added interest etc. in fact the whole thing appears to be a trap!

But what can i legally say? i don't care how long it takes,

i will keep going after them, the fact that they were allowed to continue getting away with this behaviour is obscene! wether befotre or after 6 years it is still [EDIT] money!

Regards Ro

Edited by ims21

i take it his is a reply from them to the CHARGES reclaim not the PPI?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

not unexpected given their current run

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...