MNBA questions

fernal
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4656 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

just after some info reguarding DN notices.

1) i read a post on here about DN being not lawfull due to the dates being only 12 days, the post was old but is this still the case?

2) just recived a termination letter from mnba and wondering what will come next , inhouse dca or do the sell straight away and will i get a ccj aswell.

3) for several months i made small token payments to mnba but they have added the minimun payment to the balance, is this normal or could this be an excessive charge?

fernal

Hi all

just after some info reguarding DN notices.

1) i read a post on here about DN being not lawfull due to the dates being only 12 days, the post was old but is this still the case?

DN I believe has to give 14 days to remedy the arrears otherwise the account is marked as "In Default".

2) just recived a termination letter from mnba and wondering what will come next , inhouse dca or do the sell straight away and will i get a ccj aswell.

They might ask dca to collect or they may sell the debt on. There is no set routine. To get a ccj they would have to take you to court and win.

3) for several months i made small token payments to mnba but they have added the minimun payment to the balance, is this normal or could this be an excessive charge?

They will add unpaid amounts to the balance as usual. If your minimum payment was say £50 and you paid £30 then the balance on the account changes by £20. This is not regarded as aexcessive charge

fernal

Have you looked at reclaiming any "overlimit" or "late payment" fees. Is there any mis-sold ppi that you could claim back?

ims

Thanks both

yes i am looking at overlimit and late payment charges, from a 11000 amount started about 6 years ago i dont think i was ever on time or under limit. (me know me bad but thats the debt spirel)

i know its 14 days but i saw something on a post here about the ukmail being 2 days to arrive so the days to rectify are only 12.

not trying to be picky but i am disgusted with the treatment from mnba, i wish to pay this off but just cant belive they defaulted me after asking for token payments for six months which were half of the monthly amount.

fernal